Egg Farts

Options
Does anyone else get really bad farts after they eat eggs ? I'm fine with all other foods including Baked Beans but this morning was really rough. Any suggestions on how to combat this besides giving up eggs ?

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    :s
    I'm really glad I don't eat eggs!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I really like them and just bought them back into my diet but I don't want to walk around putting a hole in the ozone layer.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No but I think hard boiled eggs smell like farts.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing.
    rjyl4mlc4a69.gif
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat makes me fart.
  • myfatass78
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »

So you are responsible for global warming ?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Try taking Lactaid.
  • myfatass78
    Options
    Try taking Lactaid.

Is that just for dairy or will it work with other stuff as well ?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ... are farking *wonderful* in the confined space of a gym, right?

Eat. Moar. Eggs.
  • myfatass78
    Options
    ... are farking *wonderful* in the confined space of a gym, right?

Eat. Moar. Eggs.

Oh no, I wasn't even thinking of the gym yet !!!! I had only thought as far as outside and when in general public. I think I have an excuse not to go tomorrow lol
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Gas X.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I can't say that eggs do make me fart. Beans don't either. Plums though - man. You don't want to me around me when plums are in season.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Eggs don't do that to me, but cheese does as well as cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. But the worst of all is Flaxseeds!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Last week I made a veggie mess with spinach, black beans, zucchini, squash, and some other things...hot mess. I did it two nights in a row too. Why?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Chances are that the eggs aren't actually affecting frequency. Eggs can cause the gases produced in the gut to be more sulfuric, thus smellier.

Fun fact: vegetarians pass more gas (due to fiber) but those who eat more meat/dairy/eggs are more potent (due to increased sulfur content).
  • thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Chances are that the eggs aren't actually affecting frequency. Eggs can cause the gases produced in the gut to be more sulfuric, thus smellier.

Fun fact: vegetarians pass more gas (due to fiber) but those who eat more meat/dairy/eggs are more potent (due to increased sulfur content).

I can verify this!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, eggs and everything else I eat causes farts. Having gas in some situations (like the office) can be troublesome but I sure wouldn't be concerned at the gym.

nickatine wrote: »

You are normal. Intestinal gas is a normal result of digestion.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about farts that smell like eggs, not farts caused by eggs. I'm surprisingly disappointed.
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the egg thing - it's even worse if I've had a beer or two the night before - the combination does evil things in my stomach.

I've not found a way of stopping it - all I can say if people think I'm bad after eating eggs they wouldn't want to come near me after a pickled onion!

I just try and limit eating them to times where I can be totally antisocial and not make others suffer!
  • hollia13
    hollia13 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, eggs and everything else I eat causes farts. Having gas in some situations (like the office) can be troublesome but I sure wouldn't be concerned at the gym.

Obviously you haven't had one slip out on someone near you in a CXWORX class....not fun, and more than a tad embarrassing. lol....

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much more than I should have... :p