Ladies...the Jiggle Factor!

Options
Now that I have started doing some group exercise including boxercise and a form of martial arts, I have become more aware of The Jiggle Factor. It's not something that has really bothered me before just doing normal gym etc but when you are punching pads with someone stood right in front of you...everything jiggles!! I have a good sports bra on and a loose fitting men's t shirt but am still very conscious of my boobs and bingo wings jiggling!! Does anyone else feel conscious of this?

Replies

• ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Of course! I'm majorly conscious of my boobs! lol but you just have to think . . . they've seen it all before (your not the only one that jiggles hehe) and your there to make yourself a better person! The jiggle factor will start to go away when the weight's coming off!

s'all good :D
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I so do. Actually, I have asked my trainer to remove some exercises from my training because of that. (I found that the worst is when she made me do a push up; then jump high than back to push up and so forth).

I'll gladly take any tips you have!

For some classes, I have put 2 bras on : one sportsbra and another one on top.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't mind so much the boobs jiggling but i hate my arms and stomach jiggling
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    A truly great sports bra should do the trick, but they are pricey! I got my favs at a great local store that specializes in running gear. They cost me $45-50 and I couldn't live without them!!!!! It will get better as you get more toned, but the girls need to be happy!!!!

Just keep going... seriously, none of us at the gym care if you jiggle... it just means you're doing the work!!!!
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh yes tummy too yuck I get that when we have to do jumps in combat and boxercise!!

I guess I'm more conscious of it when I am sparring with men. It's not that I think they are perving or anything it's just very noticeable!! I am a 38DD so even with a loose t shirt they are still bouncing away right in their eyeline! I worry that maybe the guys are laughing to themselves about it or something?? (not sure if this comes from being an early grower. My boobs used to get talked about and stared at a lot when I was a teen so duno if I am being harsh still expecting guys to be like this!)
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    Oh I'm jiggly, along with wobbly and slappy.

I've got loads of body fat that goes every which way when I exercise. Plus I've got oodles of what I call "skin slap" after losing so much weight. My *kitten* is all over the place when I exercise.

I live with jigglitis since there's not really much I can do about it. I sweat far too much to even consider adding more clothing to support or hide the mayhem that's taking place under my clothes.

The way I see it, I'm at the gym to sweat and work on my fitness. If my jiggles are too distracting to my fellow fitness freaks they can just look away :blushing:
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to appreciate my jiggle... It is getting less and less and while it is still there.. sometimes it just isn't so bad. ; )
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Get properly fitted for your sports bra. I got fitted yesterday and they dropped me 3 sizes! I no longer have much jiggle
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm super self conscious about that too! I don't understand girls who wear JUST sports bras. I put mine over a regular bra to reduce that Jiggle Factor :ohwell:
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wish I had boobs that would jiggle. Lol:laugh:
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Try doing Zumba, where most of what you do is booty pop. My boobs go jiggling all around. But just think that everyone else in there is there for the same reason and they probably aren't even focusing on your jiggle but on their own.
  • Chiclet26
    Chiclet26 Posts: 16
    Options
    Ah yes, the jiggle. The boob bounce doesn't bother me anymore, ever since I got a better bra. Make sure you don't just have a tight hold-em down kind of bra. I got a "high impact" underwire one and it's works like a dream! What still bothers me is the butt/thigh jiggle. I've started running this year and doing a lot of 5k's, but I HATE running outside because I'm self conscious of every car driving my seeing my butt bounce all over the place. I wear sport compression tights under my running tights and that has helped A LOT! Because not only was it embarrassing, but super uncomfortable. But I had to just suck it up, suck it in, and deal with it because I knew I had to get off the treadmill and hit the pavement if I really wanted to train for 5K's.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your sports bra really isn't that great - you need to look for one that has the highest level of support, and then those puppies won't move. I'm a 34DD and I wear the Champion style 1694 - I run all the time and this made such a huge difference. I had tried some of the cuter sports bras, and they honestly don't do the job for those withy larger cup sizes. The jiggling can be a problem long-term, too, because it will lead to sagging, so you really want to get a better bra.
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The more I lose, the more I jiggle :laugh:
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    what the heck are bingo wings???
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    its finding the right bra for you im also a 38dd and really like the shockeabsorber leve l 4 d+ before findingthis one had other bras found had that jiggle factor and was happy in them either.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    stomach jiggle....grrrr.....first place to gain, last place to lose.
    Working at it tho--running and JM videos. I willlll conquer !!!
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    I wear the tight spandex uni-tard under a t-shirt and sweatpants!! That holds it all in and helps me work up a sweat faster!! plus no one knows!! shhhhhh lol
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    what the heck are bingo wings???

I want to know the same thing LOL! Arms prehaps?

Enell makes a excellent sports bra that's more like a body armour. It's costly but worth it IMHO! Google it! They work even better then the 2 bra method.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    i used to! but then i had the wrong bra, got myself something with underwire support and now dont jiggle as much