Baby weight!!!!

Just had a baby 6.5 months ago. I am trying to find my" groove". Being such a busy mommy I find it hard to find time for myself. I am the person who always takes care of everyone else first- even the dog. Ha! When do other mothers fit in workouts?

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    I've got two kids and a part time job. I mostly do my training in the evening or mornings before the kids are awake. Sometimes I'm sleepy and don't feel like it but I push myself to do it and 9/10 am glad I made the effort. I started at 170 lbs back in June 2013. Just gotta make time, keep pushing, and never give up. Even if you stumble, even if things aren't moving the way you want, you keep fighting.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Hiya - I have a 4.5 month old and I am also trying to find time and energy to exercise (all without really being able to leave the house!) - Add me as a friend if you like - would be good to share tips!
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Nap time!
  • dashe111
    dashe111 Posts: 55 Member
    Congrats on your baby! I just had my 4th baby 7 months ago. I'm I the same boat. There's always time for the kids & I get the scraps. I've started doing mini sessions when I find a quick break. Doing lunges instead of walking to the kitchen and things like that just to beef up my normal day. Also, Pinterest has some great mini workouts that only take about 15-20 minutes. Since I can't fit in an hour long session into my day I do a mini session here and there when I get the opportunity. Something is better than nothing and as baby gets older you will have more time and you'll be glad you started the tough part of "just doing it" to get yourself disciplined in carving out some you time to exercise :) if you'd like, we should link up. It's nice to have some support from someone at the same stage as you are :)
  • I just had my 3rd son 4 weeks ago...I have a bit to lose after this one. In the past I have always found that putting in an exercise video in the living room and letting my boys watch/join in with me is what gets it done for me.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Nap time. Or join a gym that has free babysitting (like the Y).
  • My babe is 6 months, I feel everyone on finding the time to work out/working out from home. The 4 month sleep regression was the worst for this! I wish you could log sleep deprivation as an exercise! Feel free to add me, anyone. :)