Dumbest thing you told yourself about why you are fat.....

Options
palwithme
palwithme Posts: 860 Member
edited January 2015 in Motivation and Support
So, I have to laugh at myself. After six months of hard work I am finally starting to lose my tummy. I can tell in the mirror it is going down. When I was heavy I told myself I stretched my tummy out by having 3 10 pound babies and it wasn't fixable. It wasn't stretched out, it was fat lol.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I told myself I "like" food to much.
    I told myself I'm not "that" heavy (at my heaviest I was a 26 BMI).
    I told myself that "I'm over 30, I can't expect to be skinny like my 20's again", wrong. I weigh less than I did in my 20's
  • palwithme
    Options
    That is what I am telling myself now! I can quit, I am half way there. At 47, what should people expect? But, I am still not at a healthy weight. I have to keep going.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm just 'big boned'?!?! WTH?!
    My body is meant to be at this weight. HUH??
  • palwithme
    Options
    My body is meant to be at this weight....that is a good one. Like it is out of our control.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    There's a few in there competing for the top spot. They include:

"I'm really not that fat. I may weigh a lot, but I carry it well. People don't ever think I weigh as much as I do."

"I just have a lot of muscle from all the dance I did as a kid."

"I will never ever be thin no matter how much I try, so why even bother?"

They were all dumb. They came from a mix of denial and depression. Once I realized that I was in control and I could actually do it, I faced the truth and started doing it.

My quote that I live by right now: "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right".
  • palwithme
    Options
    "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right". LOVE This. This is so true!