Want to try Insanity, but...

Options
2»

Replies

• jguidroz
    jguidroz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is a hard work out but the feeling of getting through it is unbeatable. If you want to do go for it, I recommend taking a week and work on form before jumping in. I did not and just jumped in with bad form and after a few weeks my knees hurt so bad I had to stop. I went to a trainer shortly after and learned that my form was awful. And I agree with what everyone else said take a break when needed and go slower than them if needed. Don't expect to keep up right away work up to being able to keep up.
  • vilepixie
    vilepixie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Due to many hours of sitting playing video games, not watching what I eat, and then having a desk job, I can say that my fitness level is pretty horrible right now. I did my 2nd day of Insanity last night, and it went better than the first day. On the first day, I managed to do 17 minutes of the fit test before laying on the floor waiting to die. Last night I made it to 25 minutes. I was sweating buckets and I had to go slower and/or modify some of the exercises (suicide drills yikes), but i didn't feel like I was going to die lol I guess we'll see how today goes.

I'd say give it an honest try. Don't be discouraged if you can't keep up, or can't do something. If you really don't like it then there are other less intensive workouts that are great too.
  • awesomewastaken
    awesomewastaken Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I also just completed day two. Wow, it truly is insane! But I love how enthusiastic the trainer is and how stretches are also incorporated in the workout.
    I finished the routine ca 20 minutes ago, showered and I swear, I can still feel my body burning :smiley:

If anyone stumbles upon this thread with the same doubts I originally had, I say, do as other recommended me to do and just go for it!