I'm new here and am having a very hard time, story is below.

Options
Hi all..so I had a thyroidectomy 6 months ago and sense then I have gained and gained weight I am now at 190 and I used to be a size 2..I've tried to diet and exercise but it's very hard for me due to the complications after surgery, I developed a disease called hypocalcemia which makes it very hard to exercise but I'm not going to give up ! I'm going to try this and hopefully it helps

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Not giving up is a wonderful attitude! Great to have you join us :)
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here. Sending friend request.
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. NO EXCUSES! you can and will do this!
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! Just do what you can for now, even if it's 5 minutes. You'll keep getting stronger!!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With a great no-excuses-attitude like that, you can conquer the world. :D You got this! Feel free to add me for any extra added motivation or support.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    The good news is you can lose weight without exercising - you have to be diligent to log your foods and watch your calorie intake. You can do it! You can, you can! :)
  • Mydailytrack
    Mydailytrack Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Past is past.. Focus on next things. With great determination & consistency, I am sure you'll succeed. Begin to visualize yourself in good health & good weight.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • JustMimi215
    JustMimi215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448 Great Attitude!! Which is inspiring me to be better! You can do this, we can do it together...
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Keeping a good mind set is key. If you really can't exercise, try some walking, each time will get easier. Log your food and be honest about what you are eating, if you really stay in your calorie limits you can lose weight.
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    I keep telling myself to keep moving and somehow i keep moving to the couch. I hope you find something today that helps you stay motivated - today, you inspired me. Thank you.
  • randiii271
    randiii271 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow Thank you all for the positive support! It's nice to have such supportive people behind you, I tried adding you all it won't let me..I yet have to learn how to work this app lol
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! I had a thyroidectomy 3 years ago and thanks to a good endocrinologist I have kept my hormone level (0.01) same for those 3 years. I am sorry that you fell into the 2 % bracket that develop hypocalcemia which is misunderstood by most people. I suffer from chronic fatigue which I developed while living in central america. The good news is I found that the one exercise that I can do is walking. I faithfully walk 2 miles a day and this has seemed to help my fatigue. I have been using MFP now for over 100 days to monitor my calorie intake and have lost over 35 lbs.