Getting Started

Options
Hi everyone! I was introduced to my fitness pal by my sister. After an illness, I became very depressed. Pretty much did nothing for 3 years. I am a bit overweight and very out of shape. But want to change both! So, here I am. I find that this "program" definitely makes me more aware of what I'm consuming. I have to say that I was pretty surprised at how quickly things can add up. Even things that i thought were healthy. It's difficult at night to not give in to my sweet tooth. I want to start slow with exercise. I don't want to hurt myself. I've been doing 30 minutes of beginners yoga a day and just that wipes me out. I have a treadmill but have yet to use it. If anyone has any suggestions for what worked for them they would be appreciated. I feel a little overwhelmed but not discouraged. Thanks :)

Replies

• chelseaauger
    Options
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about the illness, but great job getting back onto healthy habits! I think yoga as a transition activity is a great way to get re-introduced to excercise/activity that is low(er)-risk for injury. Best of luck!