Turkey Meatballs

Options
So I thought I'd share because dinner was just... so yummy. It was filling and the total calories was : 539, which I thought was really good because I'm always low on calories but I don't ever want to over do it.

So it's really easy:
ground turkey
spinach
black pepper
onion
parsley

Just mix them all together and we actually grilled them, they were medium sized :P Three filled me up.

For sides we made artichoke hearts cooked with onion, lemon, and garlic, and yummy lemon kidney beans with just a dash of lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic, and if you wanna throw any left over onions or parsley in :) (we always have just a little bit of onion left over after chopping.) No butter was used, which was weird because I love buttery veggies but the lemon acted kind of like a replacement, plus the flavor was great.

When we saw the turkey meatball recipe originally it called for ketchup, so instead I mixed some sundried tomato dressing (1 tablespoon) with low fat sour cream (2 tablespoons), and some course black pepper for a bite.

If you have leftover meatballs they make great sandwiches to!

Replies

• MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    That sounds great!

:D and its really easy. Plus I'm a sucker for left overs, better then frozen lunches.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did you wilt the spinach first or chop it or leave it whole? I freakin love the meat-a-balls!
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    Did you wilt the spinach first or chop it or leave it whole? I freakin love the meat-a-balls!

Chopped it up :P
  • winnmr
    winnmr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dont forget erin we used the darker turkey because it is not as dry, going to have it tonight again, you can put any vegetables of your choice, I had mushrooms on the side, since they are not mushroom fans.