Quit procrastinating!!

Options
I am feeling very sorry for myself this week :( (yeah what's new!)

I am so sick of being overweight, I love exercise but I just cannot stop eating! I have a huge appetite and a sweet tooth and I am finding it really difficult to cut down. I have done it before so I know I can but it's just a million times harder this time round.
I am really stressed about different things that I can't really change but that doesn't stop me stressing about them. When I feel down and stressed I feel tired and I eat. I feel hungry nearly all day and I love food.

So I have been thinking for the past week or so about if I can change what I am doing exercise wise and try to plan a decent diet too. I am now sat surrounded by fitness books and mags. I am going to turn off the TV and try to come up with some kind of plan!
Eek here goes!!

Replies

• margielewis
    margielewis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I did the same and now am a month in and 13 lbs down. You can do it too! Good luck!
  • chrisallcock
    chrisallcock Posts: 173
    Options
    I am feeling very sorry for myself this week :( (yeah what's new!)

I am so sick of being overweight, I love exercise but I just cannot stop eating! I have a huge appetite and a sweet tooth and I am finding it really difficult to cut down. I have done it before so I know I can but it's just a million times harder this time round.
    I am really stressed about different things that I can't really change but that doesn't stop me stressing about them. When I feel down and stressed I feel tired and I eat. I feel hungry nearly all day and I love food.

So I have been thinking for the past week or so about if I can change what I am doing exercise wise and try to plan a decent diet too. I am now sat surrounded by fitness books and mags. I am going to turn off the TV and try to come up with some kind of plan!
    Eek here goes!!

dont let your body get use to the same exercise, change it around, try interval training if u can, it works a treat for me, well with a good diet too :)
  • TGyrl
    TGyrl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find a buddy or partner. Someone you can be accountable to. I think having that person motivates us to do our best so we don't let them down. having a partner helps give you strength in places you are weak. Just make sure your accountability buddy is not an enabler of the habits you want to break
  • chrisallcock
    chrisallcock Posts: 173
    Options
    I think the key is to find a buddy or partner. Someone you can be accountable to. I think having that person motivates us to do our best so we don't let them down. having a partner helps give you strength in places you are weak. Just make sure your accountability buddy is not an enabler of the habits you want to break

that is a good idea, wat i do is set challenges to my friends on here, try and make it alittle fun :)
  • ameeann
    ameeann Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I had a really bad sweet tooth too!

the trick for me was, when I was craving chocolate have a really low cal hot chocolate (options mint madness for me!)

and for any other sweet tooth I replaced my cravings with really sweet fruits . . . so even if you are eating a lot and you do go over your cals at least it's with good food and not bad stuff!

also I find dates work a treat for me! so sweet!!

hope this helps :)