help me!

Options
What workouts can I do to help me each day? How long will it take me to lose 40 lbs

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Workouts? Any of them will help. Which will help most? Impossible to say.

How long will it take you to lose 40lbs? Hard to say... 40 weeks is probably a reasonable guess.
  • aliciashaw4011
    Options
    I didn't need anything smart!! All the workouts I seen you have to have special equipment and I don't have nothing, just myself!!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    Well, you didn't say that, did you? I can only answer based on the info you provided. Ask a better question and you'll get a better answer.

Running requires no equipment. Body weight exercises require no equipment.
  • aliciashaw4011
    Options
    Well I didn't know how to ask! You didn't have to answer the way you did! If your gonna answer ^^ like you did you don't need to be replying on peoples thing let someone else answer! Thanks!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    But no one can answer such a vague question.

What are your goals?
    What equipment do you have access too?
    How much time do you plan to devote to your workouts?
    Are you working out at home? Out side? At a gym?
    What is your current fitness level?

Give us some context and we can give you some better advice. Would you walk into a bank and ask them what you should do with your money, then expect good advice without any additional information or context?
  • aliciashaw4011
    Options
    I'll repost just for you then!! Thanks!!
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    No need to repost, just clarify here.
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Alicia.... Youtube exists. Google Exists. The internet is full of wonderous things. Search for what you want and you shall receive. Body weight workouts are probably what you are looking for if you don't have equipment readily available to you.
  • jchenks
    Options
    FitnessBlender has great videos on Youtube.

Also, if you incorporate healthy eating with the exercise you should see the weight starting to come off.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    try fitnessblender.com they have a website and youtube channel, all the workouts are free. different time lengths and they rate the difficulty levels but also you can modify just about anything. some of their workouts suggest dumbbells but you can do all body weight or use canned goods, bottles of water, etc. and as above have posted - youtube and google - workouts everywhere!

to lose the 40lbs you just need to watch your calorie intake. exercise for the fitness benefits and for body composition :) and don't put yourself on a timeline, look at it as a lifestyle change so do what will work for you long term.
  • jchenks
    Options
    try fitnessblender.com they have a website and youtube channel, all the workouts are free. different time lengths and they rate the difficulty levels but also you can modify just about anything. some of their workouts suggest dumbbells but you can do all body weight or use canned goods, bottles of water, etc. and as above have posted - youtube and google - workouts everywhere!

to lose the 40lbs you just need to watch your calorie intake. exercise for the fitness benefits and for body composition :) and don't put yourself on a timeline, look at it as a lifestyle change so do what will work for you long term.

We're on the same page girl :)

• jacksonpt
    Options

+1
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A good place to start is walking. Go for a 30 minute walk in the afternoon. Every week to two weeks, if you think you can handle it, bump it up by 15 minutes.

I don't know anything about your current fitness level or your current weight, so I can't give a whole lot of information.

If you have an especially hard time moving, something as simple as getting up and down from sitting on the couch a few times a day might be a good start for you. If you're more active than that, maybe an aerobics video, pilates, yoga, or zumba.

Either way, don't discount weight training and a good diet. You'll see better results if you improve your over all health instead of focusing on one aspect of it.

As far as how quickly you'll lose 40 lbs depends on so many different factors. A good rule of thumb though is somewhere between 0.5-2.0 lbs a week.

Also, I'm assuming based on what little information is in your profile, that you're new to all of this. You'll quickly find out in your time here, that you've been fed a lot of false information about diet, weight loss, and your body in general. Take some time to educate yourself because there is a lot of conflicting and just plain wrong information floating around the internet. If you're ever not sure on something, ask. That's not to say everything you read on MFP is the factual, so don't assume that either.
  • aliciashaw4011
    Options
    Yes I'm new. I just had my baby 5 months ago (my 2 child) I weigh 172 and wanna lose about 40 lbs before the end of July (if possible) I'm very active just dont know where to start..

I use to workout all the time and I'm just discouraged cause I've tried so hard and aint getting nowhere so I'm trying again and not wanting to give up this time.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to a good post about starting out!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

And give yourself time, don't get discouraged!