Previous Fitness pal user, Baby boomer, grandparent of 3 and soon to be born 4 grandchildren,

Options
A little about me, I am married , have two children, and I am a grandparent of three grandchildren ( 1 boy, 2 girls) with a fourth grandson due on January 19. Previously, I have used My Fitness Pal in the past but stopped using it and let my weight loss goals fall by the wayside.I am seeing a local Spring ,Tx Bariatric dr. Larry Richardson ( no surgery) and decided to do a 21 day challenge ( my fit foods) that has my meals planned out for me because I must lose 100 pounds! I eat out a lot and know that isn't healthy for me as I usually don't make the best choices of what I chose to eat! Thus I decided to try having someone else plan my meals for me.
I am also stress eater and know a lot of times I am just eating something without being hungry or aware of how much I am eating ( or calories of what I am eating).
I have decided to introduce myself and join some of the groups here because I am serious about losing this weight as I want to be around to watch my grandchildren grow up. I know I need help losing this weight so I am seeing a Bariatric dr., eating meals planned for me, going to local gym and also I want ( need) the support and encouragement from this community of people striving to achieve their goals too. May God bless you all and thanks for having this forum for people like myself to lean on.

Replies

• schooler1414
    Options
    I am a big stress eater too. But I am getting better. I started a new nutritional program back in Sept and I am down 35lbs, 69" and 3 pant sizes. I want to lose about 80 more lbs. I didn't exercise before.. But just started this week.
  • AttyVette
    AttyVette Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome I hope to do as well as you have done!
  • bobshourek
    bobshourek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also am a grandparent and started after seeing the surgeon. I own a Pizza shop I am managing to do this{ But I also need encouragement. I have been heavy all my life. I have decided to do this. I am walking 3 times a week at least. I am enjoying the peace and quiet and long talks with GOD. I am losing slow but losing. I am my biggest critic. Can you lose as long as you stay on calorie goal. Yes but remember to log everything. I get busy so I add 300 quick calories a day. Is this a good idea?