Training non days away from all pro workout routine

Options
Hi all,

I'm aware this question might have been addressed already.

I'm working through All Pro's routine as you can see here and I'm really enjoying it so far. I follow the All Pro program on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and undertake cardio (HIIT or spin classes) and TRX workouts and ab work on Wednesdays and Sundays and I'm also enjoying this.

I'm posting this to get opinions if it advisable to undertake light train on the rest days away from the lifting programme as I feel strong enough to do so? If it is advisable to do then what's the ideal set of exercises to combine on these days?

Thanks.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,755 Member
    Options
    What's your current goal?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AMonari
    AMonari Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My objective is essentially strength gains whilst gradually and carefully increasing my caloric intake focusing on smartly increasing my protein intake.
  • AMonari
    AMonari Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @ninerbuff or anyone elese .. any more suggestions/ideas on my original post .. I appreciate any suggestions
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I would think you'd want a rest day before your AllPro workouts. TRX on Wed doesn't give you a chance to recover from Tues before your Thurs workout.
    You shouldn't need to increase protein above ~1g/lb LBM while bulking. Add carbs.