Trim Healthy Mama

Options
has anyone read this book? It's pretty informative and has some delicious recipes for free online, cottage berry whip is my favorite, I could live on it!

Replies

• goodtwin_77
    goodtwin_77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have read it! You are right the cottage berry whip is delicious and one of my favorites as well.
  • I have read it! You are right the cottage berry whip is delicious and one of my favorites as well.

Yay! I know this sounds silly, but I'm thrilled someone else has tried this amazing smoothie!!! I add chia seeds and unsweetened almond milk, and if I'm feeling festive I'll add some frozen or fresh spinach!
  • goodtwin_77
    goodtwin_77 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will have to try that too!
  • bonniedalberg
    Options
    I've read it inside and out, joined support teams (which are not so supportive), and struggled with it for 8 months. I'm exhausted and done. It's not a diet but a lifestyle as in one you go on the diet, it's forever. Some of the recipes are good, but a lot of them are weird gross concoctions in many opinion. It worked for two of my girlfriends, one made it to her goal weight and made it halfway. I don't like the diet. It's like a combination of modified Atkins with weight watchers. You don't count calories but you do count carbs, fats, and sugars. Oh, that's the biggest thing, NO SUGAR (or as little as humanly possible). I got super exhausted cooking from scratch all day and night outside of work and I like to cook. Also, I always felt deprived. My cholesterol shot through the roof without any significant weight loss to compensate for it. The threads are heavily monitored and there's a reason they all sound so positive and great: negative threads and comments are deleted. For me, it just doesn't work, but it's possible it can work for you. (Oh, and the substitute flours, sugars, etc are very expensive).
  • Hey miss BONNIEDALBERG!
    I completely agree with many of the points you make ! Most of them actually. I do love many of the recipes, there are some crazy concoctions for sure! I think those mamas musta had the munchies when they were piecing some of those recipes together!
  • EllieFunt
    EllieFunt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is exhausting. I've had the book for 1-1/2 years but just started implementing it this year. So far so good- I'm not 100% on plan, but it's definitely made a change in me. Not just weight wise.

I agree - some of the recipes are doozies. I don't buy the *special* ingredients. I want a more natural diet hence the reason I'm not following it perfectly. You have to find a plan that works for you, your family and lifestyle.