What's the default weight on a nordic track elliptical?

Options
I was given an NT as a gift and I dont even know what model it is. It doesn't allow me to enter my own stats. I know ellipticals are not the most reliable source of calorie info, but I'd still like to know the default user weight for reference.

Replies

• RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I *think that the calorie estimate will probably be based on a person who weighs between 150-170lbs. That's just because I've encountered lots of 'estimated calories burned...' stuff that will say something like "based on a 150lb woman" or "based on a 160-170lb man"...

But unless you know the actual model and try to contact the company I don't think there's really a way to figure out how the machine is calculating the calorie burn. There's a treadmill in the workout room of the gym at my condo that estimates a calorie burn but there's no way to input ANY info (man/woman, wt, age, etc.) so I don't know what it's estimating based on so I don't use it.
  • Mochaccino10
    Mochaccino10 Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I figured somebody might already have this info since its a super common brand and soooo many people must want to know. I dont really need to know every detail about how they calculate calorie burn. Weight alone should allow me to make a very rough estimate, and thats fine by me.

Rosie, your right, Ive always seen 150 - 180, but there's a surprisingly huge difference in calorie burn between the two. Too wide a margin even for a rough estimate.