Weight loss from sickness

Options
Ok so at the start of the summer i got really sick and lost 6 lbs over night. That weight loss lasted for a few days, and even though I was eating healthy, i gained it all back. Because I was sick, did my body store most of the food I ate?

Since then, I've lost 5 of those pounds again. This means I truly lost the weight, right?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    when you were sick that loss was mostly from water/food waste, and you gained that back within a couple day because you resumed eating and whatnot.

how long of a term was the new 5 lbs loss over? if it was a month or so, its probably permanent (as in fat/muscle loss) but over a week it would more than likely be water/food waste again
  • TasteofEnvy
    TasteofEnvy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    when you were sick that loss was mostly from water/food waste, and you gained that back within a couple day because you resumed eating and whatnot.

how long of a term was the new 5 lbs loss over? if it was a month or so, its probably permanent (as in fat/muscle loss) but over a week it would more than likely be water/food waste again
    i'd say about a month. It was back in middle of June.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options

i'd say about a month. It was back in middle of June.
    id say its safe to say that was a "true" weight loss, as in not just water or poop
  • RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yea you lost mostly water, the body gets dehydrated as hell when your sick
  • bartmo
    bartmo Posts: 5
    Options
    Weightloss from illness. Starting 4 weeks ago I was hospitalized with severe Cellulitis for 8 days (IV antibiotics) then resting at home (oral ABs). I lost 20 pounds (from 228) and am still gradually going down. My appetite is still very meager and as it comes back I may reboung. While I'm ecstatic about being thinner I would like some tips on keeping the weight off as I recover.