mother nature.. help!!!

Options
Wondering how many people see a weight GAIN during their menstrual cycle. I don't want to weight in Friday because this is day 2 on my cycle and I've worked so hard to lose weight!

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I usually skip the weigh-in during my cycle. I'd rather have a blank week than see a higher number on the scale. Just a personal preference. Also, there will be ups and downs on the scale regardless, at all different times in your cycle. It's hard to see but it's a part of weight loss!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nearly every woman does. If you look at month-to-month trends, it's not a big deal as long as you know how much and when to expect it.
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I dont weigh in on that week either, dont get demotivated though it can show around a 3lbs gain but comes straight back off a few days after its "water weight" to be polite! still stick to your calorie goal and keep excising its good for any pains x
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Weight gain related to menstrual cycle is essentially meaningless EXCEPT for folks whose well-being rises and falls related to the #s they see that day, and who then go crazy making adjustments that they don't need to make in response to the small increase of scale-weight. This is why people suggest that women, in particular, evaluate their weight-loss strategies over 4-6 weeks before concluding that they are not working, especially if there is a small amount to lose.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ALL of them. I go up four pounds about four days before, and it comes off 2-3 days after.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I gain aprox 3-5lbs with TOM rolls by (yay)
  • KaytiWindham
    KaytiWindham Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good! I was gonna skip my weigh in Friday and just weigh in next Friday so I wouldn't get discouraged. I'm hoping it all goes well!!! I'm still exercising and eating my 1300 cal.
  • samcou90
    samcou90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started mfp on new years day. And my cycle started this week and i gained 5lb and i was so disappointed. Im putting it down to my cycle because i have been behaving myself ☺
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I gain usually 5lbs and feel like a whale,even if I stick to my diet my weight doesn't go down on those days,but that's the price of being a girl.:-D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    I gain usually 5lbs and feel like a whale,even if I stick to my diet my weight doesn't go down on those days,but that's the price of being a girl.:-D

Yup! I gain 7 days before they arrive, usually 4-5lbs. I refuse to weigh that week.