6 Month Results?

Options
I was curious if people could share their before/after results as of 6 months. I 'd like to see what transformations have taken place, what exercise regimen was used, and an idea of what foods you ate. To me, 6 months is like a "I can finally tell and people notice" timeline for getting into better shape. Currently I am 5'1" and 167 pounds and I started doing DDP yoga and stationary bike with some weights along with cutting out crappy foods. I did this once and lost 15 pounds in just a few months and I need to stick with it this time!!!

Replies

• rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    w39ofva1obcp.jpg
    The -30.8 lbs picture is from January 27th but February 7th is my 6 month "anniversary".
    I haven't added any new exercise (I used to go on walks and bike rides with my fiance occasionally and I still do). I eat most of the things I used to, just less. Some things aren't worth the calories now that I started keeping track. If I take a bite of something that I used to eat all the time, it almost never tastes as good as I remember and it definitely isn't worth the calories then. I think it's funny how my mindset changed to that way of thinking but i'm glad it did. And I'm 5'6.5

p.s. those are the same shorts all three time and look at how much longer/ looser they got! :D
  • RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started eating and working out on November 17th, 2014. I was 162, now I am 148.I'm 5'1 as well. I have been watching what I have been eating. I am running more, strength training using Jillian Michael's Body revolution, HIIT workouts, I just started Les Mills Combat recently. I have 4 more months to go until 6 months progress but so far I am happy with the results I am getting.

• RosaileenB
    RosaileenB Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    w39ofva1obcp.jpg
    The -30.8 lbs picture is from January 27th but February 7th is my 6 month "anniversary".
    I haven't added any new exercise (I used to go on walks and bike rides with my fiance occasionally and I still do). I eat most of the things I used to, just less. Some things aren't worth the calories now that I started keeping track. If I take a bite of something that I used to eat all the time, it almost never tastes as good as I remember and it definitely isn't worth the calories then. I think it's funny how my mindset changed to that way of thinking but i'm glad it did. And I'm 5'6.5

p.s. those are the same shorts all three time and look at how much longer/ looser they got! :D

Good job Rachel! Looking good!
  • jodiekouns
    jodiekouns Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow great job Rachel! I'm a month in on my journey and have lost 7lbs. You just gave me so much motivation!! Ty
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you look awesome great work! so inspiring!
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    30 lb weight loss:
    orange top photo: 173 lbs on September 1st.
    blue top photo: 153 lbs December 1st
    black with white sleeves top: 143 lbs January 29
  • marvy1_nyc
    marvy1_nyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's cool. I wouldn't have thought those were the same shorts. Congratulations!
  • rachelchase40
    rachelchase40 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! :D

great job @ddmusica!
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yay for the motivation!!! I have 6 months to lose some serious fat for my sister's bachelorette party on a yacht! I hope to look as fit as possible and maybe, just maybe, be able to wear a bikini! You ladies give me motivation that it could maybe happen! Currently, I am 5'0" weighing in at 158 lbs, I'd like to get down 30 lbs to 128 with some serious muscle tone. I just joined a program at work and making sure to get my booty up to the gym at least 5 days of the week doing a 30-45 min work-out of cardio or strength training or a combo of both.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I know the pic says 2011 but my weight barely changed in them years and this is one of the only full body shots I have!
    Never "dieted" at all before downloading MFP, and I only downloaded it by accident. I was curios to what it was but didn't realise it was calorie counting! Best mistake I have ever made!
    I joined exactly 178 days ago today which I think works out to about 5 and a half months and I'm 60lbs down.
    I'm naturally a lazy person so I don't exercise at all (not recommended!) but I just can't keep up something I hate!
    I walk around 5000 steps a day (but varies between 1000 - 10000 depending on what I'm doing that day) and that is it!
    I started off on 1,200 calories for the first 3 months, increased to 1,400 but a couple of days ago I changed it back down to 1,200 just because I've been slacking (not recording all calories) recently and my weight loss paused for weeks and I'm stricter with myself on 1,200.
    I've been veggie for years (ethical, not health) and in the time I've been on MFP have also gone vegan (again, not health related), but by no means a healthy vegan! I still eat junk food every day, and I'm not a huge fan of veggies but it works!
    I do still have around 40lbs to lose, hoping to be done by summer!

qwbncozbv6e4.jpg
    o496gof6egvf.jpg
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What great stories!!! I wanted 6 month results because anyone can do anything for 6 months!!! Then just start another 6 months, and so on.
    I am getting married in July and want to get back on my lifestyle change and you are all very inspiring!!
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    my profile pic is 4 months progress
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    This is about 5 months.

2015-01-29_151934.jpg
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    This is actually about 7 months:
    4g8sjm5lohd2.jpg

This is my most recent 7 months. I actually started working on my weight at a much higher weight back in 2012. Took a 9 month break at the end of 2013. Started back up with watching calories in June 2014 and exercise in Sept 2014.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!