Does Mio sync with MFP?

Options
I'm thinking about getting a Mio Fuse or a Fitbit Charge HR. Does anyone know if the Mio will sync up with MFP? If yes, how?

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Mio Go won't directly sync with MFP. However, you can sync the Mio with these apps which also sync with MFP:

-MapMyRun
    -Digifit
    -MiCoach
    -Runkeeper
    -Runtastic
    -MapMyFitness
    -Edomondo
  • thomasjohnlynch
    thomasjohnlynch Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mio Go won't directly sync with MFP. However, you can sync the Mio with these apps which also sync with MFP:

-MapMyRun
    -Digifit
    -MiCoach
    -Runkeeper
    -Runtastic
    -MapMyFitness
    -Edomondo

I have been using a MIO Alpha now for almost a year with Digifit (iPhone) and now iCardio (Digifit for Android must be a name infringement or something or different developer) Before the alpha i used Wahoo, and before that many Polar devices all with chest straps. the Mio Alpha wrist heartrate is very good and the new units are even better i hear. I bike, indoor lift weights, swim indoors and outdoors, run/jog, and etc. logging to digifit/icardio and then it syncs to MFP where i track food and etc input and then the exercise is tracked (reported) outgiing by Digifit/iCardio. tried Runkeeper, Runtastic, MapMyfitness, but they like GPS and outdoor movement andactivity OR requrie a network connection for calorie or exercise profiles etc.

Digifit does indoor and outdoor and you can have NO internet connection or cell coverage and it will handle VOm2 calulcations from YOUR profile or fitness assessments etc. and you just sync later after you come outdoors or out of the pool area, etc.
  • panthur
    panthur Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I sync with Digifit which syncs with MFP for my Mio Link. Love it!
  • kentyman
    kentyman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    According to this old blog post, the Mio app itself was supported by MFP. Unfortunately, the Mio link is broken. I contacted support and was told:

Yes the Mio app has been removed from our partner integration list.
    We cannot go in details on why it was removed, we can only say we will not be supporting it anymore or in the future.
    No, it doesn't seem like it will [return].

I cross-referenced the MyFitnessPal and Mio application lists to get a complete list of possible intermediate apps:
    1. Digifit/iCardio (iOS) (Android)
    2. Endomondo (iOS) (Android)
    3. MapMyFitness (iOS) (Android)
    4. miCoach (iOS) (Android)
    5. PEAR Training (iOS) (Android)
    6. Wahoo Fitness (iOS) (Android)
    7. MapMyRun (iOS) (Android)
    8. RunKeeper (iOS) (Android)
    9. Runtastic (iOS)
    10. MapMyRide (iOS) (Android)
    11. Cyclemeter (iOS)
    12. Strava (iOS)

I'll probably give at least the first 3 a try, though I'm open to suggestions on everyone's favorite. I'm on Android, BTW.
  • atj612
    atj612 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Mio FUSE is different from the other Mio heart rate watches and bands in that it also does all-day activity tracking rather than just being a heart rate monitor. The application compatibility listed by Mio is pretty much just for using the Mio watch/band as a heart rate monitor for that application. As far as I can tell, the activity data the FUSE tracks is only sent to the Mio Go app and that app currently doesn't sync with other apps.

I believe if you want the activity tracking data in myfitnesspal it will have to be added manually. While it would be nice for it to be automatic and to show progress throughout the day, adding it manually is no more difficult than adding food.

I actually have a FUSE on order and expect it by next week. I will report my findings once I have used it.
  • saxxy24
    saxxy24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Update: I got a Pebble instead.
  • MartinsZB
    Options
    saxxy24 - I have both Pabble and MIO FUSE. Do You use Pebble for daily activity tracking? Did you find the way to sync it with MFP?
  • atj612
    atj612 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As expected, there's no direct way to get the activity tracking data from Mio FUSE to MFP. The data is there in Mio Go but as Mio Go and MFP don't talk, the data won't sync. Mio Go will put "Active Calories" and "Resting Calories" into Apple Health app (iOS only) and in theory MFP could get it from there but at the moment MFP doesn't read that data from Health.

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with the Mio FUSE. The heart rate data is not all that accurate (compared to my Garmin heart rate chest strap which I was hoping to replace) and it is difficult to make sense of the active and total calories it reports. Note that I completely understand the definitions of "active" and "total" calories it is the numbers provided that don't make sense. e.g. 3750 steps used only 6 active calories.
  • wolle1965
    wolle1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. Sometimes 6000 steps and only 16 active calories. Total calories are only 1689, the same if I walked 2000 steps a day.
  • poetikfotografy
    poetikfotografy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Active calories are the additional calories you burn doing exercise. Since walking is taken into consideration as part of your baseline metabolism, any additional steps that you take outside what you are predicted for the day would become active calories, based on your estimated 'normal' activity for the day.

Any exercise you do, cycling, running, swimming etc, is considered outside of normal calorie burn for the day, so they are active calories.