Fat dancer wanting to meet other dancers:)

Options
Hi all! I am a dance teacher and dancer who has lost her way in food. My body is paying the price and I know my career, health and happiness are too. Do you love dance as well? Ballet, modern, jazz or just fitness? I'm looking to make friends on this site with a similar interest who can help me remember why I'm doing this. Bonus if you like horror movies too;)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    WILL NOT watch horror. Nope. Can't. Make. Me.

Love Zumba, salsa, dance fitness.

Have you ever watched Danza Voluminosa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJRpBAh_L8g
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I danced from 3-9, cheer from 9-10, Color guard in freshman year of high school (for a semester)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a fat dancer too! Well, not very fat anymore, but fatter than dancers are supposed to be.

I do Latin social dancing (many kinds of salsa, plus merengue, bachata, cumbia, etc.) and cardio fitness (Zumba, hip hop).
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can technically call myself a "dancer" but I do love to dance! I live in Guatemala (and previously Colombia and Honduras) so I've taken salsa, merenque, bachata, cumbia, etc. And also love zumba for fitness! Friend me if you like.
  • Chazcat1
    Chazcat1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replying everyone. I don't even know how to really use the site. I use the mobile version and can't seem to figure out how to request any of you as friends. I click on your names and nothing happens:( @jgnatca‌ I have not seen that movie, I will watch any dance movie. I have only done mild forms of rhumba and chacha in my old college dance classes. I've noticed having a man who can dance helps a lot and I would always lead because there were none!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Danza Voluminosa is not a movie but a dance troupe out of Cuba. Happy watching, and welcome to the club.