Hello everyone. Starting a new life!

Options
daytondominicmom
daytondominicmom Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hi everyone. My name is Bri and I am ready for a change. There are so many influences around me that are going to make this process a challenge. I have finally got to the point where I'm ready for a change. I'm tired of looking in the mirror everyday and hoping for a miracle to come and fix my flaws and imperfections. I want my kids to have a healthy mom, I want to be at to keep up with my kids, I want to look and feel happy&healthy most of all I want to look and be someone that my daughter can look up to. I know how many hard days are in front of me. I know that everywhere I go I'm going to be ridiculed and to that I'm too "fat" to accompany my goals but I'm determined. I'm going to turn around and look those people in their faces and say "I told you I'd do it". I'm hoping this app will let me connect with like minded people that can help support me and keep me on track. You never know how many great things you can accomplish until you challenge yoursf.

Replies

• bexidee
    bexidee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck Bri! I'm about a week in to my new regime and feeling much healthier already, but still feel a bit daunted about the challenges ahead. I've found this app to be brilliant and I'm thinking it's gonna be an excellent tool to help me FINALLY shift this weight! :)
  • daytondominicmom
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, I am dreading this change. I have had the same eating habits my entire life. It's going to be a test of wills for sure. Good luck on your journey! :D
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Start with small changes, it will be easier. Every week add something new.
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Bri and welcome to MFP. I have had my fair share of ups and downs and find that it isn't until I make peace with my decision to change and look forward to the journey in doing so that I begin to make positive changes; both physically and mentally. I hope that you find yourself no longer dreading change, but that you aspire to find pleasure in it over time. Good luck. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I usually check in daily.
  • Spokesman
    Spokesman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What I would tell is, don't look at this as a long term goal. What ever amount of weight you want to lose and / or certain size clothes you want to fit into are long term goals. If you look at only these as your goal(s) you will probably fail. Don't want to discourage you. What you need to do is set small realistic goals and make those your victories. The more positive of an experience you have the more likely you are to succeed. You will also have bad weeks from time to time and that's okay. When that happens don't be too hard on yourself. Just refocus and keep moving forward. Best of luck to you and more than anything you have to remember "Your Worth It!"