Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Up Band Users

I have paired my UP Band to MFP and its awesome! The mobile apps track our steps, food, sleep, etc. and its amazing to add this component to our lives. We had been using them both separately and integrated together, it gives us an awesome pairing for success. I love the new data options?

Does anyone else use a UP Band or something similar to track steps, sleep, etc? FitBit?

Any tips, tricks?

Replies

• I sync my Up band with MFP and I like that!
    I like that I can earn exercise calories (which are typically overestimated) and it takes from my TDEE before adding to MFP so I don't have to worry too much about eating too many exercise calories back.

TDEE?
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Total Energy Expenditure - total calories burned

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

I use UP and MFP. MFP and UP tell me to eat less than the TDEE.
    Also, MFP synced with the UP gives me calories back based on activity, which I don't want bc I want a deficit.

• Thank you! I appreciate the feedback! Now to remember to track my activities...I totally forget!
  • SweepGuy
    SweepGuy Posts: 3 Member

Does anyone else use a UP Band or something similar to track steps, sleep, etc? FitBit?

Any tips, tricks?

Look in both the UP and MFP 'app' sections regularly, as there are plenty of different apps that can integrate with both.

I use a couple of different exercise apps that synch with MFP, and I like how UP will detract the used calories from the burned step total. Or even add calories to your total until you're moved, burned enough though the day to really exceed. This just makes a LOT of sense to me and makes it easier to utilize the two apps for my goals.

I use MFP to log intake (food) and occasionally review the results on UP. I use MFP predominately for this.

I use my UP for sleep tracking when I remember, which is often, but not every night.
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    I use as well. I sync it with MFP and Love it!