How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Hi all. I'm coming from the weight watcher model. Once a week no more! They say you would be concerned if you weigh every day as the scale goes up and down. I'm just wondering. How often do the successful losers :) on here weigh in? So far I'm one week in. Also feel free I'd love to get friend requests ...Thanks!

Replies

• fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily with the knowledge that it can go up or down by 2 pounds but it helps remind me of my goals for the day. I only log my weight on Wednesdays. It doesn't bother me what the scale says every other day except on that one LOL
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week...I have a gymnastics background and it was incredibly focused on weight. I find if I weigh myself more than that it makes me a little crazy. :p I know people who find it helpful to weigh every day so it depends on your preference. I personally don't even own a scale, just weigh at the gym and take measurements at home. To me that's more useful :D
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I weigh every few days, but only record my weight once a week. I'm just not patient enough to wait a whole week!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Daily. I like data. Daily helps me put the fluctuations in perspective. Weekly would be bad for me... I'd build up too much anticipation about the number, and I'd probably get really discouraged if it wasn't as low as I expected.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It depends on where my head is. If the number on the scale is stressing me, I might go down to as little as once a month. Sometimes, though, seeing the fluctuations that happen normally throughout the day is reassuring to me, and I'll jump on every time I'm in the bathroom. Most of the time, it's once or twice a week, and I only record lows unless a gain is significant following a period of not logging, such as for the holidays.
  • jeepskate
    jeepskate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day but only log the morning weight. I am a little nerdy when it comes to data collection ;) I don't get wound up about daily fluctuations so it works for me.
  • slvoscar
    slvoscar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Once a week to see the change take in count i make muscle weight to.
  • YumiZoomi
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning.. soon as I wake up. And.. I do pictures every other week. :) Measurements.. I didn't have a starting measurement so I don't know when I should take my first measurement.. I'm thinking this coming Sunday (week 4). Then probably every 4 weeks (monthly).
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Once a week is probably best but I have been doing it every three days. It's hard to wait a whole week. The idea behind once a week is sometimes if you gain you can get discouraged....but everyone has to find their own formula. As long as we keep encouraging each another ! Don't give up!!
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I weigh every other day, but only log once weekly - unless there is a gain. I've stopped logging my weight on MFP as a gain (it's psychological).

After a lot of reading on our forums, I will take measurements monthly. This weekend, in fact. Not really looking forward to it since I haven't lost much weight or exercised enough to have significant differences.
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day just to keep track of the ups and downs. It's frustrating when the weight has gone up, but I just try to remember that it's all about a downward chart at the end of this whole thing. A little bit of a pound gained back here or there will go away in a couple of days or so :) but it can be discouraging, so if you can limit yourself to once or twice a week, that's awesome!
  • Daily. I have become a lil obsessed about it. Seems like a cant get my day going unless I step on the scale. Keeps me focused. If I gain anything I am determined to stay on track to make sure it goes back down. But I also found that I have been really strict on myself when it comes to dieting (only 1,000cal a day) that I only diet 6 days a week. But I get a free day on the 7th day. So I take my final weight on Thursday and log that one. Free day Friday. Dieting the rest of the week. :0)
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, I don't really let the ups bothers me that "much" lol as long as it falls back down in 2-3 days...if not then I really tighten up the belt some more :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    daily after using toilet-I don't record every day though just most days and yes weight will go up a bit some days-but that makes me be stricter the next and is a boost for more exercise
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ugh...like never anymore
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Once per week, maybe twice.
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day with the knowledge that I'll go up and down. I log once a week.

I love the idea of taking a picture every other week. Or at least once a month. hmmm...
  • shaunroberts
    shaunroberts Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Once a week at the same time...Saturday night right before my shower . I enjoy the suspense and the surprise/delight when the scales go down! Never used to get that feeling weighing daily.

Used to do it every day but actually found it demotivating. I also started becoming a little obsessed with it.

Shaun.
  • Vanillavirtue
    Vanillavirtue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday! Which I probably need to just do it once a week. Weighing everyday lets me know how to adjust.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself every 2-3 days in the morning, but I only record my new weight once a week. I make sure to take measurements monthly too. Checking in and seeing my progress, however small, is hugely motivational for me!