My diary

Options
can I share my diary? I want to get opinions if I'm doing things correctly

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    To open up your food diary, click on the food link at top, then another list of options pops up at top, go to far right and click settings, when that opens up, scroll down, there is an option to change your food diary settings to closed, public, friends or with a key password... If it is public anyone on MFP (not just your friends can see your food diary.. like mine, it is set to public, so you can look at it, but we are not friends.) Friends is exactly that, just your friends on MFP can see it.
  • lgmorgansb
    lgmorgansb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    jeff0406 wrote: »
    can I share my diary? I want to get opinions if I'm doing things correctly

• lgmorgansb
    lgmorgansb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes it's under settings when you hit the more tab. I just changed my settings this morning. Good luck.
  • jeff0406
    Options
    I just shared my diary to public. Can someone view it and give me some advice?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. When you tell MFP how much you want to lose per week, it gives you a calorie goal that includes the deficit required to hit that goal. You are eating way below that goal almost every day.

I only went back one week, so maybe it was a rare occasion, but you didn't log over the weekend. Be careful of that sort of thing, you can't really know where you stand unless you log consistently.

And just my personal opinion, but it seems like you are eating almost exclusively pre-packaged or fast food. It can be hard to accurately determine calories when you do that.

I'm sure folks with a lot more knowledge than me will come along, but I figured this would get you started! Are you hungry? Are you exercising? Are you losing at the pace you expected? Answering those questions will help people know what advice to give...

Good luck!
  • jeff0406
    Options
    Thank you for your response kimny

I do eat a lot of packaged stuff like, protein bars, frozen turkey burgers/sausages from costco. I would normally scan the bar code and go by that or adjust accordingly. I do eat fast food at times I'm trying really slow down. I base the numbers from fast food base on their nutritional facts.

To be honest with the food I eat, I'm really not hungry. I came here for some help to see if I'm eating too less of calories or too much. I'm 42 yrs old. 5'7 at 210 lbs. I want to lose 1-2 lbs per week and honestly I feel like I haven't lost weight. Though my clothes fit real good.

Maybe I need to start using a food scale
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response kimny

I do eat a lot of packaged stuff like, protein bars, frozen turkey burgers/sausages from costco. I would normally scan the bar code and go by that or adjust accordingly. I do eat fast food at times I'm trying really slow down. I base the numbers from fast food base on their nutritional facts.

To be honest with the food I eat, I'm really not hungry. I came here for some help to see if I'm eating too less of calories or too much. I'm 42 yrs old. 5'7 at 210 lbs. I want to lose 1-2 lbs per week and honestly I feel like I haven't lost weight. Though my clothes fit real good.

Maybe I need to start using a food scale

How long have you been at it?
    And yes; get a food scale! They're awesome.
  • jeff0406
    Options
    Missiontofitness.. I've been at it for say a month now. I have a scale but don't know how to use it
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Missiontofitness.. I've been at it for say a month now. I have a scale but don't know how to use it

Do you know the make of your scale, or can you find a photo of it online? I've had mine nearly a year now, so I may be able to help figure it out if it's similar to mine!