15 Reasons to lose those Last 15 lbs

Options
ahadj
ahadj Posts: 257 Member
I am down to my last 18 lbs, and I sometimes find it hard not to just say "Girl, you've lost 32 lbs! That's good enough! Eat that pizza, drink that beer, and don't worry about calories in and calories out!" I know others are in the same boat...

I just saw a list on the boards "100 Reasons to Lose 100 lbs." It's great, and so motivational for people who are at that point in their journey... so I figured we could compile our own list, a list of motivational reasons to keep pushing and lose those last 15 "vanity" pounds!

I'll start...

--To have the flat tummy I've always dreamed of, that has always seemed unattainable! It's within reach now....

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    To fit in a size smaller pants!
  • rosamundi
    rosamundi Posts: 9
    Options
    To wear a bikini this summer and not have to worry about love handles ruining any holiday snaps!!
  • mrchantele123
    Options
    I'm 5'5ft as well and I'm now 142lbs, it's nice to see some one who's around the same weight and height as me. I want to get down to 126lbs so I'm with you on this.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    To see all the definition that is under the last bit of fat that remains.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I can sooo relate to this! It looks like our goals are very similar: I'm 5'5, started at 176 and want to get down to 128. At 139, I look OK and am a "normal" weight. People keep telling me that I could stop losing right now, and sometimes it's tempting. But I know that losing those last 11 pounds will make the difference between looking "OK" and looking THIN!
  • dawnbrisset
    dawnbrisset Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To look better without my clothes on!

Also, I've lost a total of 82 pounds so far, and to stop here would be like stopping a few feet short of the finish line.
  • pnesabrina
    pnesabrina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Because being lighter will make running a whole lot easier... And i'm getting in sort of a cpmpetitive high with it!
    By the way, I'm with you! 5'7 146 lb normal bmi, mfp goal 145... But i'd love to get to 135...
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ...to know that for once, I didn't settle for "almost" or "good enough", but saw the project through to the end.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    To wear clothes that show off all my hard work, not clothes that camouflage the areas that need work.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    So my thighs can develop a long distance relationship!
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    So my thighs can develop a long distance relationship!

I love this one! Mine was going to be, "So I can wear shorts without feeling self conscious about my thighs." I haven't worn shorts since middle school (other than swimming).
  • Thebeezknees
    Options
    So that when my exboyfriend comes home for the summer from law school I can have the satisfaction of looking amazing as I walk away. I know, that's a terrible reason to push to lose weight, but it is a definite motivation!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    To be someone ELSE's body idol.
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    To be able to sit down or bend over without fat rolls suddenly appearing.
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    To show that I am the master of my fate, captain of my destiny.

I choose what size I want to be...
    I will keep on because I have the power to do so, without settling or giving up ( which is another form of being lazy, powerless, and apathetic, a victim).
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Just to prove I can. If I don't like it I can always put it back on. :wink: