Burning feet??

Options
Hello guys, maybe this has been brought up before, but...I have a question for the elliptical lovers...do your feet burn when hustling on that baby? After about 30 minutes, the balls of my feet are on fire! Does this happen to you?

I've tried 2 diff pairs sneakers, diff socks, no socks. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• Beijos
    Beijos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I would say that my feet burn but they do go numb on the elliptical if I am on it for a long time. I found found that I make sure I stop at the half hour point, get off the elliptical and do some stretching for my feet. Then I jump back on and my feet are okay.
  • MandyMay
    MandyMay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mine do this to..I bought new shoes and socks and it helped with the burning.But my feet still get numb towards the end of my 3min workout...Weird!!!
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Yes I have the same problem and I've changed shoes and tried barefeet as well. The only thing that helps me is to stop half way through my workout for five minutes or less to strength or do some other aerobic exercise then continue or I try to move my feet around on the elliptical and sometimes that helps. Good luck!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    YES! I go for about 45 minutes at a good clip and I get the same burning in the balls of my feet. What has really helped me is I lift my feet a little bit higher on the upstroke so I'm almost lifting them off the pedal. then when I put my weight back on my foot, I actually do a heel then toe motion so it more accurately mimics the running motion. It takes some concentration to remember to do this, but once I got used to it, I reduced the burning.
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    Mine used to do this and I bought some little pads that cushion the ball of your foot and it's helped tremedously. You can them anywhere....walmart, target....etc. =)
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've definitely had this happen also though switching socks helped me out. I never stay longer then 30 mins on a cardio machine though so by the time they want to start burning I'm switching to a different machine lol.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    Happens everytime, I just lift up one foot at a time to get the blood flow back. You don't even have to stop moving and it does not take long to restore blood flow.
  • hsk11270
    hsk11270 Posts: 48
    Options
    I am so glad you brought this up! I thought it was just me!!! What I have started to do is try to use my whole foot instead of most of my weight always being on the ball of my foot. So for instance I will try to simulate a walking or running stride by lifting up my toes and rolling my foot in a rocking motion along with the motion of the elliptical. So when the front leg starts coming down i will try to have my heel hit first and then roll up off my toe. Hopefully that makes sense and hope it helps. It def seems to help me ;)
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    AHHH I thought I was alone in this!!! After 5-10 min of getting a good jog pace it happens, I usually have to lift my leg for a second and just "swing" to keep the machine going,but it's soooo annoying!
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good advice guys! I'll be trying out your tips. I get the numbness too, so annoying, especially when I'm humming along. Thanks for taking the time to reply.