Vitamins and Supplements

What are the best (name and brand) vitamins and/or supplements to take while dieting?

Right now I take Women's One-a-Day.

Is there anything else I need to help my body be healthy and lose weight?

Replies

• lauraldrum
    lauraldrum Posts: 55 Member
    Oh - and I take a probiotic daily.
  • crissled76
    crissled76 Posts: 2 Member
    I use a daily multivitamin from a company called Shaklee. It's called Vitalea and I love it. I also use a calcium/magnesium/vitamin d combo from them for other needs. I have had nothing but great results from all the items I've purchased from them. The daily vitamin isn't horribly expensive but if you get into taking multiple supplements they do add up.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    As long as you eat well you don't need anything else. No pill will help you lose weight.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    There are not supplements that help you lose weight. I take a multivitamin and fish oil, but only because I don't eat fish.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2015
    auddii wrote: »
    There are not supplements that help you lose weight. I take a multivitamin and fish oil, but only because I don't eat fish.

These are what I take too.. Nature made is supposed to be one of the few verified in terms of their dosage. But I do a mens one a day and nature made fish oil.

Here is a pretty good article on supplements for your consideration:

http://www.elitefts.com/education/nutrition/the-simple-truth-about-supplements
  • llane2012
    llane2012 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    crissled76 wrote: »
    I use a daily multivitamin from a company called Shaklee. It's called Vitalea and I love it. I also use a calcium/magnesium/vitamin d combo from them for other needs. I have had nothing but great results from all the items I've purchased from them. The daily vitamin isn't horribly expensive but if you get into taking multiple supplements they do add up.

Vitalea's amazing, I use Vitalizer. No multivitamin can help lose weight just helps nourish body requirements.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Per my doc, I take fish oil, a probiotic, vit D3, and Folate.