Carb Craver!! Help

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Tiffany you are not alone in this issue. After I finally realized I was a 'carb' addict I replaced them for the most part with fats and the craving went dormant and has been that way for the past four months unless I wake it up with a sugar/carb load.

Like any addiction it works to convince the brain that it needs what it needs (carbs in this case) to stay healthy. It was only after I learned medically carbs are not required for health was I able to giving them up but for the first two weeks that I cold turkey left them it was hellish for me. Now I realize it was not as bad as the addiction was telling my brain at the time. :)

Now I think people like I once thought that say there is no such thing as sugar/carb addiction either are not addicted to sugar/carbs or are in denial perhaps.

Carbs are absolutely required for health. They aren't required for survival, but they play a vital role in the creation and regulation of many hormones. There's a long way between "survival" and "health."

Please stop spreading lies.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    Tiffany you are not alone in this issue. After I finally realized I was a 'carb' addict I replaced them for the most part with fats and the craving went dormant and has been that way for the past four months unless I wake it up with a sugar/carb load.

Like any addiction it works to convince the brain that it needs what it needs (carbs in this case) to stay healthy. It was only after I learned medically carbs are not required for health was I able to giving them up but for the first two weeks that I cold turkey left them it was hellish for me. Now I realize it was not as bad as the addiction was telling my brain at the time. :)

Now I think people like I once thought that say there is no such thing as sugar/carb addiction either are not addicted to sugar/carbs or are in denial perhaps.

Carbs are absolutely required for health. They aren't required for survival, but they play a vital role in the creation and regulation of many hormones. There's a long way between "survival" and "health."

Please stop spreading lies.

Tiger I would be interested to know more about the regulation of hormones by carbs if you have any science to support that thought. Carbs are fine for most people to eat if they do not have bad results from eating them. I sit here in a kitchen full of them because at this point I am the only family member that has a nasty response to eating carbs. We know carbs are not required because there have been groups of people that did not have access to carbs. Today there are people that have gone years without living on carbs.

• NurseSassy76
    NurseSassy76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Actually fat intake has more to do with hormone function than carbs. In the wrong person carbs are actually damaging in excess. Excess being more than 100-150 per day
  • pscaravelli
    pscaravelli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    It's nice to see that people will be judgmental regardless of their situation. *sarcasm*
    I bet the two who were quick to jump the gun and badmouth the hypnosis app have not even listened to its contents. If they had, they would know that the first part is all about relaxation and breathing exercises and then it goes into visualization of your ideal body and respecting what you put into it. For people who tend to be nervous eaters (which I don't know if it's yous case, @Tiffany9910‌ ) it could be more helpful than any "eat this, not that" kind of approach. It's not, like 'someone' said, about avoiding a whole food group, I would never condone that, and I don't do that myself. This is not Dukan or Atkins, it's about balance. But if you find yourself binging on carbs, maybe it's not your body that's asking for it because it needs the fuel, maybe you're just in an anxious state and need the comfort. It happens to a lot of people, and it's happened to me. So if you are able to learn something that can channel that anxiety and re-focus that into something relaxing and positive and stay on track, then why the hell not!?
    Just a little insight might come in handy every once in a while, folks...

You know hypnosis isn't really a thing, right? Placebo at best. Like the binaural beats stuff.

Like I said, whatever works. If it's your head telling you you're hungry, then why not train your head to think its not? Is it hurting anyone? Is it hurting you? No. It's actually teaching me some self-control. What's wrong with that?