all logging, no results

I'm trying to lose 60. Been logging for nineteen days and only lost three lbs. I'm angry because I deny myself. And there's no point.

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    3 lbs in 1 week is slightly more than 1 lb gone per week. keep it up and over 52 lbs will be gone in a year. You are on the right track. have patience.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    3lbs in less than 3 weeks is not "no results". It is a very reasonable result.

Adjust your expectations. You didn't put the weight on in a couple of weeks, you aren't going to take it off.

If you quit now, you won't be any further ahead. Why not keep going. Slower than expected is better than nothing.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    But dude. That's GOOD loss. I would be happy as a clam at high tide if I could lose that fast. I know denial sux. The solution IMHO is to learn to cook low cal things that taste really good and are filling with lots of protein. There is a website called skinnytaste, and lots of other sources like Cooking Light for example, that you can use.
  • lothquendi
    lothquendi Posts: 22 Member
    Sounds like you're right on track. I'm aiming for 1 to 1.5 lbs per week. It adds up, and you do see results.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited January 2015
    If you're not trolling, then you're seriously confused. Three pounds in under three weeks is pretty good. I lost 1.1 pounds a week for my first 6 months, then about 0.75 pounds a week for the next 6 months, 0.5 pounds a week for the third 6-month period, then 0.25 pounds a month for the last 6 months. It wasn't too hard, and now I'm at my goal weight and am maintaining.

The Biggest Loser is TV, not reality (despite being called, oxymoronically, "reality TV"). Sustainable weight loss for all but the morbidly obese is 0.5-1.5 pounds a week. You're doing well.
  • superdrood
    superdrood Posts: 129 Member
    3 lbs in 3 weeks is great results. Biggest loser type numbers are unrealistic in the real world.

More importantly, if you're looking at what you're doing as an effort in self denial rather than sustainable life changes, I fear for your long term success.

Seek dietary and exercise changes that you'll be able to live with if you want to keep the weight off.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    3lbs is a great loss!

Remember this... "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great"

Keep going!
  • gmax69
    gmax69 Posts: 18 Member
    Everyone wants to see a lower number on the scale but concentrate on making this lifestyle change a habit first. Once it becomes a habit the weight loss will naturally follow. :)
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    It is sad that there is so much Win in those 3lbs in that time frame but not for you.

Everyone that has responded has said all that I was going to say, just better :)

Please, don't give up....if you are denying yourself to the point of misery then have a rethink of your meal plan and over all strategy, maybe it's changing the way you cook, using different foods or re-introducing you favourites that may be currently off the radar to help you last the distance.

All the best, whatever you choose to do.
  • 3 lbs. in 19 days?! That's great! Don't give up! You've already gotten this far, don't stop now. When you stick to whole balanced meals and a good amount of exercise, you are gonna see the results.

Those pounds you saw are just a number on a scale, its about the effort you put in it. You are an example of determination and strength as you are trying to make a difference to how you live. What you are doing can influence others to live a healthier, well-balanced lifestyle. Calories aren't everything.