Tips to avoid snacking?

Options
2»

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea when I want a snack but not hungry. It's helping me a little bit.
  • rpric59
    Options
    I am a terrible snacker and when I am working in front of a computer it is worse, I can never stop at just one of anything, ever- I always eat the entire package! To stop this I only take to work what my calories allow and I don't buy anything extra. I drink tea and take a small serving of home made trail mix.

This is so much harder at home! I just don't buy anything that doesn't fit into my calorie allowance while grocery shopping. When you have to leave the house to buy your snacks, you start to re- think their importance before the beast takes over and you eat that whole packet of chips.

My general aim right now is weight loss and I have found the easiest way is to plan my food. Entering things before the day starts also works for me. My will power does the rest. Good luck!
  • MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Goodness, you guys are all so helpful! Thank you, thank you!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have tips for you, as I try TO snack and not to avoid it. I like to be eating all the time ha. I eat from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep.
  • ZaraBizara
    ZaraBizara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pickles, veggies, string cheese, yogurt, TEA.
  • AussieShaytard
    AussieShaytard Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I usually drink fruit infused water.
    Cucumbers/lemon/lime is supposed to be an appetite suppressant.
    Just plain cucumber water seems to work for me as an appetite curb and keeps me going until my next meal. A glass of cucumber water has fewer than 5 calories.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's important to have some sort of snack between meals to avoid that ravenous, I am going to eat a horse feeling at meal times. Also, drinking enough water helps.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with snacks? Fit them into your allotment.