Giving myself permission...

Options
I don't believe in food rewards or cheat days where you just pigout BUT

I have decided today to just enjoy the day with my son and to try not to obsess about food. I may have some ice cream, I may not. I may go over my 1300 calories, I may not.

EITHER WAY ITS OK.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    its fine to do that once in a while, if u dont, it may make it harder for you to stick with what youve been doing!
  • cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I try to do it that way too
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!
  • MargieNgainesville
    Options
    Good for you. You are the only one that can give yourself permission. The fact that you have thought about and are planning it for it means you are way ahead of the game. Enjoy your Mother's Day... You are in control of your choices and outcomes.
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    I went over yesterday and most of last month I'm sure when I wasn't tracking but one day won't kill you =) Happy Mothers Day!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too! I'm going to try to not go overboard, and be conscious of portion sizes, but I'm not going crazy today. I don't even think I'm going to log anything. My 10 year old daughter made me french toast for lunch all by herself, and I will not feel bad about enjoying it :D
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    I have rewarded myself with a "free" meal every time I've reached a 10 lb loss. It motivated me to work harder when I was working on the last couple of pounds bc I always knew where I wanted to go for dinner and what I was going to get for my meal. It was a great mini goal!
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    I went over yesterday and most of last month I'm sure when I wasn't tracking but one day won't kill you =) Happy Mothers Day!

Sorry for the double post
  • AuntRedRobi
    AuntRedRobi Posts: 14
    Options
    I have rewarded myself with a "free" meal every time I've reached a 10 lb loss. It motivated me to work harder when I was working on the last couple of pounds bc I always knew where I wanted to go for dinner and what I was going to get for my meal. It was a great mini goal!

Every 15lbs i'm headed out for a flashback sushi night with my best friend. We love the spicy mayo and the rolls that have fried parts in it! :flowerforyou:
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't go nuts (although the day is not over). I had maybe 10 french fries at lunch and got nuts on my tcby.

Thinking about sushi for dinner.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It's so hard for me to reward myself. I had a little cheesecake bite after lunch today. On one hand it was so hard to allow myself to enjoy it without guilt... but it was also hard not to go back for seconds too!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    That is my attitude today too. The thing I wanted to do today was to go to Chinese food, which is my favorite and I have given myself permission to have whatever sounds the best and I will go back to the healthier choices tomorrow. If I am going to sustain this for a lifetime I am going to have days that aren't the best.

Enjoy your day. I plan to enjoy mine.:flowerforyou: