Fibre

Options
Hi all, Just wondering if its ok to be over on fibre. I can't seem to keep it down and wondered if it mattered or if i should really be trying to work on reducing my fibre intake? Thanks

Replies

• skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Fiber is good! I think the amount they show is the minimum you should have. More is better.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    The only time you need to worry about being over on your fiber is if you are not used to fiber and suddenly start eating a lot of it. If you do that, then you'll have some unhappy digestive problems, but if your body is accustomed to the fiber then it should be no problem. Your belly will tell you if you're getting too much fiber and will make you feel gassy and bloated.
  • vickigee
    vickigee Posts: 36
    Options
    Google I found this. Thought I would share it.

Fiber is good for the body, however, eating too much fiber has its own set of consequences. It is believed that anything above 45 grams of fiber intake is considered as too much fiber in the diet
  • Missjulesdid
    Options
    Google I found this. Thought I would share it.

Fiber is good for the body, however, eating too much fiber has its own set of consequences. It is believed that anything above 45 grams of fiber intake is considered as too much fiber in the diet

Source please. People in Asian countries consume 70 to 80 grams of fiber a day so I don't understand how above 45 can too much. Please provide source so I can read this information in context. Thanks!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Probly to much information, but when I switched from white rice to brown and white pasta to whole wheat, I would take the dog out for a fart walk and have to look around before cutting one loose, because the stench was awefull and I wouldn't be able to blame the dog.
  • rwinnie2
    rwinnie2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Probly to much information, but when I switched from white rice to brown and white pasta to whole wheat, I would take the dog out for a fart walk and have to look around before cutting one loose, because the stench was awefull and I wouldn't be able to blame the dog.

LOL that made my day..
  • Missjulesdid
    Options

He he he he he YUP, that's exactly why they tell you to make small changes and increase your fiber gradually. When I was in Lebanon I had similar issues, I suddenly went from around 25 grams a day to what must have been at least 70.. Let's just say that I sure did make an impression on my in-laws but it wasn't exactly the impression I was hoping for! Fortunately after a few week all the gas went away and I felt sooooo goooood from eating all that yummy healthy Lebanese food. I ate all kinds of beans and lentils every day and probably had 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

He he he he he YUP, that's exactly why they tell you to make small changes and increase your fiber gradually. When I was in Lebanon I had similar issues, I suddenly went from around 25 grams a day to what must have been at least 70.. Let's just say that I sure did make an impression on my in-laws but it wasn't exactly the impression I was hoping for! Fortunately after a few week all the gas went away and I felt sooooo goooood from eating all that yummy healthy Lebanese food. I ate all kinds of beans and lentils every day and probably had 10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.

LOL ! Glad to hear I'm not the only one.