Possible Too Much Exercise?

Options
Just wondering on the general consensus regarding the fact that I have been roped into doing a session of Body Pump, then Body Combat followed by a Spin Class this sunday.

I normally do the Body Pump and Combat for the full hr each, but having never done spin, will this be hard work?

Replies

• Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ha ha yes!!!. Fair play for going for it and you can't knock your spirit. It's like anything though, you will get out what you put in. If you just pay the classes lip service you could probably go all day, if however you put in your best effort on all classes, you will be totally knackered. I can't really comment on the first two classes but from personal experience I know spinning can be very tiring.
    Good luck ha ha
  • GlenG1969
    GlenG1969 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Take a mop and bucket mate, you will need it to mop yoursen back up off the floor afterwards.

Good luck
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes it will be hard work - especially if you aren't a cyclist.
    You can moderate the effort level to a degree as you set your own resistance level on the Spinning bike.
    Unlikely to kill you though!

If the classes are back to back it's probably best to consider sports energy drinks rather than just plain water. Not just for energy but also for electrolytes.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

Yes I always work as hard as I can, but not being a cyclist, it will be interesting. Definitely take up the advice of the energy drink though as being back to back classes I will need something. :smile:
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I couldn't walk for about 2 days after pushing myself hard in my first spin class...be prepared for sore legs & have a nice long bath after.
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do a back to back body pump and body combat and by the end am sweating hard and exhausted. I'm doing a pump then spin class this Saturday only my second spin class hated the first one but am going to persevere with it. I usually have a lucozade between classes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Your *kitten* should be thoroughly handed to you, especially if you're not used to cycling/spinning.
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did that exact program (Pump, Combat, RPM/Spin) 2 days a week when I was in college. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of it and slept well that night. You can do it, but make sure you're hydrated. And don't be afraid to take a breather, or perform at a lower level if needed. You don't want to get so tired you forget form and hurt yourself. Good luck!
  • gemm30
    gemm30 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I did that exact program (Pump, Combat, RPM/Spin) 2 days a week when I was in college. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of it and slept well that night. You can do it, but make sure you're hydrated. And don't be afraid to take a breather, or perform at a lower level if needed. You don't want to get so tired you forget form and hurt yourself. Good luck!

I like doing back to back classes I seem to perform better that way god knows why, at my gym the combats and rpm always clash though so haven't tried all 3 together. Did do pump combat then Zumba Thursday which was great and slept like a baby.

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am assuming that since you are doing pump and combat that your spin class is also Les Mills RPM. I do all of those classes at my gym and the new release for both Pump and RPM is crazy!!!! There is this new trio combo thing in Pump which made my legs feel like jello like never before. Have fun! I love all of those classes. Oh and bring lots of water. I went through bottle and 1/2 at RPM this week.
  • Mythicalbee
    Options
    After body pump at our gym they purposely pair it with spinning for the strength/cardio combo. Having not done combat before, would suggest that you focus on different areas for the first two - say, have strong weights for your arms but lighten the weights for your leg work; then moderate push overall in combat, then smooth it out in spinning - then you won't have crazy leg fatigue and actually be able to make the most of your trifecta on Sunday. And don't forget to pray, you gonna need it.
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Managed to complete the 3 fairly well going at a good pace for all 3. Was tough but fun and sure I will be feeling it more tomorrow than today, although my legs are aching already lol.
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm envious. I've done all three in a day at different times but back to back i would love it. Cycling is one of my fave things to do because I can't run. Lead legs tomorrow. Nice.
  • celticlass69
    celticlass69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Definitely, you do too much you risk injury, and then your off of exercise for who knows how long. Slow and steady.