Drinking on a diet!

Options
Hey! Was just wondering if anyone knew any alternative low calorie alcoholic drinks I could have tonight!?

Replies

• Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    There are Crystal Light mixes that are decent with vodka. There are some fairly low cal beer as well.
  • zipa78
    zipa78 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Dry wine, vodka + diet soda. Also, try to keep carbs and fat as low as possible for your diet today and eat mostly protein.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,950 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't see the point. Drink what you enjoy, just don't go hog wild.
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Tequila and lime. Cheap, effective, works every time.
    Several beers are low in calories, but any liquor with some sort-of diet drink is a good option.
    I like rum or vodka with pineapple juice. It does have some sugars in it, but sometimes you just need to let go and have some fun.
  • Carbsmakefat
    Carbsmakefat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
  • hanzibobs931
    hanzibobs931 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have vodka and slim tonic or vodka soda and fresh lime or both or lots I just account for it
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Rum and diet coke with a lime.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has calories no way to get around it. Your best bet is avoid mixers that have cals. Vodka/water is good or just try bourbon/whiskey neat and learn to like it.
  • bonniedalberg
    Options
    Any unflavored liquor mixed with zero calorie soda or diet mix. Flavored liquor has sugar and carbs in it and juice is calorie hell. Beer is pretty much liquid fat in terms of carbs. These tips are coming from a binge drinker though. On the rare occasion of drinking, I've gotta have a 750ml bottle of liquor to myself.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I've got a nice White Ice going right now - a couple ounces white wine (from a box, all class :wink: ) with ice, club soda and a bit of lime. It's refreshing, and a great way to keep the calories and hangover in check.

Other great options: spirits mixed with diet drinks (I like vodka and zevia ginger ale with lime and a bit of fresh mint), or dry cider (around 100 calories a can).
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i do scotch and water when i am trying to lose. really packs a punch on an empty stomach so be careful

• jpearcexx
    jpearcexx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • kparsons34
    kparsons34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and water with lemon and lime!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Root beer (well, okay. Maybe not)
  • pokegurl
    Options
    I'd have to also say tequila with either fresh lemon or lime. A little goes a long way with me!
  • kalamitykate83
    kalamitykate83 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda and fresh lime, tequila is very low, prosecco is good too. Avoid dark spirits, beers/lagers and cocktails!
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually get flavored vodka with club soda.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Vodka on the rocks has always been my bar drink of choice, even before counting calories. I like the crisp taste of it cold and ever so slightly diluted with ice. The fact that it has 64 calories per oz is just a bonus.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »
    Dry wine, vodka + diet soda. Also, try to keep carbs and fat as low as possible for your diet today and eat mostly protein.

NO
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I like this website to check calories of drinks...

http://getdrunknotfat.com/