My worst time of day for over snacking is right when I get o

Options
I go to work 7:30 to 3:30. I eat breakfast before I go to work, and lunch at 11:30. I am really hungry when I get off of work at 3:30, and want to eat something. I have made really bad choices before, and gone home tired and cranky and stuff my face with junk food. If I eat dinner at that hour, I am hungry later in the night. I tend to try to eat around 6pm, and I am fine the rest of the night with
no eating.

So it's just the 3:30 to 6 or so that I am hungry, get headaches, etc. I am drinking a lot of water, and I try to keep my mind off of it as best as I can. Do I eat something small and healthy, or just forge ahead and wait for dinner??

Also, it's really difficult because that's the only time, right after work I have to excersize. My gym, Curves, closes at 6 and once I go home I crash. So I need to go while I'm still in town, (I live out of town). But I am SO tired from work, I work as a preschool teacher, and stressed that I don't go work out. Or I'm too hungry to work out!

What should I do? What do you suggest???

Replies

• DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    protein or granola bars. that will help tide you over till dinner and give you a little bit of a boost of energy. or fruit, fruit is good too. good luck!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Banana & a cheese stick - carb & protien to help fuel the workout and tide over until dinner.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    I have a similar problem where I'm hungry between 3-5p, right before dinner so I started having a snack at 2:30-3pm everyday like a banana, fruit bowl (homemade) or yogurt and that usually ties me over until dinner. The secret to not being hungry for me is to have at least 3 snacks a day. One in the morning, after breakfast before lunch, one after lunch before dinner and one after dinner but at least 1 hour before bedtime and that way, I'm never hungry.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Eat a snack! I also get off work at 3:30 and when I get home I always eat a snack- banana w/ nutella or peanut butter, a snack pack pudding, apple and cheese. Something that is statisfy a craving I'm having and make me feel satisfied until dinner. I can't imagine not eating a snack, the would be horrible! :wink:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Small serving of fruit or veggie. I do a little cottage cheese with pineapple sometimes or a greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey.
  • breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    eat a handful of almonds and a fruit and then go work out thats what i do if im really hungry but have to work out soon. its light enough so i dont get a side ache but its enough to keep me full until my next meal.
  • Zinna
    Zinna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could make some oatmeal too. That will make you feel full. Or a small baked potato. A lot of things tell you to avoid carbs, but if you only eat a small amount(for a snack) and eat slow, you will feel like you have eaten a lot. Also if you eat them before a work out it will just be burned off any ways :D Celery is another good thing, its considered a free food. Because it takes more calories to burn it then it gives you to eat it.