Pregnancy support

Options
Hi, I'm currently pregnant and looking for others to give each other support with food and exercise during this time :)

Replies

• JEDDIE89
    Options
    I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and have been told that I am gaining too much weight. I have been tracking everything I eat and drink on here and I barely consume 1600 calories a day. I have gained 25 pounds so far (OB doesn't want me to gain more than 35), but my daughter is measuring almost a month ahead of what she should be. When I was pregnant, with my son (almost 6 years ago), I gained 40 pounds total and 10 of that was pure baby. I was never once told that I was gaining too much with him or that he was measuring farther along than he should be. I have struggled with Anorexia in my past, so it was hard to hear a doctor tell me that I'm too fat - especially when I am growing a human. Pregnancy is the only time I've allowed myself to eat enough and not feel guilty about it, so it's really got me down.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hi :) thank you for sharing your story with me. Until last week I had zero appetite and was losing weight, really worried I wasn't eating enough and then this week, boom! Appetite is back with a vengeance and struggling not to eat everything in sight! I don't want to restrict but stick with healthy limits so that I don't gain too much
  • noonietracks
    Options
    Hi there! Don't worry about the weight gain.. It's not that bad! Do what's right for your baby who seems to be taking up most of the new weight. Also remember how much water we retain with pregnancy, how much more blood and general expansion.. What's important is that you don't stress, make sure you exercise and do prenatal yoga and eat nutritious meals like fruits and veg ..

You're almost there, congrats!!