Starting WW tomorrow

Options
Any tips? Anyone else doing/starting WW soon and want to support each other? Let me know here! I just signed up today and ready to hit the grocery store!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    My tip is: Myfitnesspal has everything you get with WW, it's easier, and it's free....I'm all about spending more money than I need to - but not in this case.

Keepin it simple.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    My tip is: Myfitnesspal has everything you get with WW, it's easier, and it's free....I'm all about spending more money than I need to - but not in this case.

Keepin it simple.

Totally agree! Plus, you've lost sooo much weight already, why would you want to change what you're doing?
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i hated ww it drove me insane with the damn points and i never lost much weight their new system isn't much new to me with the free food thing but good luck to ya!!!! and glad your feeling better!:smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Totally agree! Plus, you've lost sooo much weight already, why would you want to change what you're doing?
    agreed! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the great loss so far!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm aware of everything MFP has to offer, I've been here for a long time and lost quite a bit of weight. I am trying something different that's easier for me to personally track with my schedule, my reasons for joining WW have more to do with my own personal preferences as far me only tracking calories, to tracking other nutritional values w/o having to scrutinize every detail as I do on MFP.

Although, if anyone has actually tried WW and found it didn't work for them, I'd be more than happy to hear about it! This is a 3 month trial for me and I will be blogging my results weekly!

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm aware of everything MFP has to offer, I've been here for a long time and lost quite a bit of weight. I am trying something different that's easier for me to personally track with my schedule, my reasons for joining WW have more to do with my own personal preferences as far me only tracking calories, to tracking other nutritional values w/o having to scrutinize every detail as I do on MFP.

Although, if anyone has actually tried WW and found it didn't work for them, I'd be more than happy to hear about it! This is a 3 month trial for me and I will be blogging my results weekly!

Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
    Sounds like you've thought it through, Good Luck!:drinker:
  • VStar55
    VStar55 Posts: 75
    Options
    WW, meh.

I did lose weight on WW but I never liked the fact that they shy away from calorie counting and heavily promote their line of processed food. I found MFP when I was looking for a Droid app for WW, since WW only offers apps for iPhone. I found MFP and canceled my WW subscription.
  • srhatten
    srhatten Posts: 28
    Options
    I did WW from Sept-Jan. I lost a total of 9. Within the first two weeks of mfp I lost 4 . WW takes a lot of your time and MONEY! They changed the plan to P+, which MANY people had trouble with, seemed like no one was losing, including myself. To each their own, but in my opinion, MFP is the way to go. If you are truly serious about losing weight, there is just nothing magical about it. Consume less and workout more. Hope that helps :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I know there is no magic way to do it, as I have been doing it for several months. I don't believe I stated I was looking for a magic way to do it. I don't mean to sound rude, but this post was originally posted for other people currently doing weight watchers, not for people to give me your opinion on why I shouldn't do it. I obviously know what MFP has to offer, I have been here long enough. I have my own reasons for trying out WW for 3 months. Though, like I said I definitely want to hear from those who have done it regardless of your outcome! Good or bad.

I'm also going to be tracking my calories on MFP to see the comparison between points and calories. This is more of an experiment than anything.
  • LaLaMicha
    LaLaMicha Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a WW Lifetime member. Have been for the past 5 years. Lost 30 lbs. and kept it off. I had trouble when they switched everything around with the new Points Plus Program. I was googling if anyone else was having these problems, because at the meetings or on the WW boards, you can not say anything negative about the new program without people jumping down your throats. Then I stumbled upon MFP, and am currently giving it my full attention, as I am now counting calories instead of points. I think it's good to check new things out, find different things that work for you, and also at the same time to stick with what works for you. In other words, whatever floats your boat. Great job BTW on your weightloss. It's a journey not a destination ;)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good luck Courtney! I know you've had quite a lot of "stuff" going on lately and with your schedule being what it is, you need to do what makes the most sense for you.

You already know I think you're awesome so I believe you'll do the best thing for you! If anyone can work both programs, it's you! Good luck! Keep me posted. I'm really curious!

oxoxox
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    Go baby go baby go!!

In the end... I have done a few different plans. And what I found...
    1. Find people who you can talk to about food/cravings/ stress and fear.. All day every day.

2. Work your plan. I have seen it work!! It does work.

3. One foot in from of the other. All it takes is a start. And then it takes another step and then another...

4. Learn about food.
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    Sorry: I didn't realize so much time had lapsed.
    You already know what I am talking about:). Have a nice day.. Keep trucking.
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    I did the online WW for awhile. As others have said, I didn't like the no calorie counting. They "improve" regularly whichmeans you have to recalculate points value for everything again. I like MFP much better d/t the whole free thing!! Best of luck with whatever you decide.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I personally love WW and had an awesome leader when I went to meetings (I first started on the old Core plan and she was doing it too). I'm about to go back on the old Core program to try to get away from processed food but still count calories.

If you work the program it will work for you & you are right, you can get away from the micromanaging that calorie counting can sometimes lead to. Sometimes just switching up the way you do things can bring back the excitement you had at the beginning.