Anyone using TRX Equipment?

Options
Considering TRX System to add to my home gym. Might mount to Pullup Bar in Power Rack (see image below) for a few exercises. Is it worth the price? Any alternatives?

Thanks to anyone for their time,

Robert

Home-Gym.jpg

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It seems very pricy for what it is, IMO.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I personally love using TRX. If I had a home gym I'd definitely consider getting one. I've heard Jungle Gym can be comparable but would definitely research it. Jungle Gym looks to be about half the price.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    It seems very pricy for what it is, IMO.

That is what I was thinking...but it seems to be the standard I see around clubs. I have club quality equipment and don't mind investing if it is worth it.

• mnwlf13
    mnwlf13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The couple of articles I read shows its works. Hits the muscles at different angles. you preformed a lot of different movements. Is it worth it that I don't know. I'm basically old school when working out. I know you got to try things to grow. Check eBay or Amazon for cheaper price.

Let me know if they work, thank you hope everything works out.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Tried TRX on Tuesday for the first time with my trainer and loved every freaking minute of it. Definitely different than my usual routine and it made my muscles scream! I would totally invest in it if I had somewhere to use it. No room :(
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've been using TRX for about a year and half and they've become a part of nearly every workout I do, usually at the end of my lifting days. I use them mostly for core work because the possibilities are nearly endless and they've definitely pointed out some of my weaknesses (which I'm now working on). I do think they're effective since in addition to working some big muscle groups, you're using your stabilizers for control.

• 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I quite like em. Especially good for HIIT IMO. But yes it is pricey.
    I wouldn't get them just for slow things (although I like using them instead of an ab roller) but if you do HIIT type stuff it's a great tool
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it it yet but check youtube on diy suspension straps, look pretty easy and cheap to make your own.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My bf and I have a knock off version jungle gym type thing? You put it in the door frame and works the same as the TRX bands I use at my gym. I love them as they help me get better ranges of motion on some things but I don't think I'd ever pay for the actual TRX bands.
  • thistimeforlife
    thistimeforlife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bought a Woss brand suspension trainer off eBay last spring (at a fraction of the cost of a TRX) and I've been very happy with it.
  • clb1020
    clb1020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it!! I finally broke down and bought one after paying $5 a class to do it which got a bit pricey.
  • ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I bought the WOSS version on Amazon. TRX is way overpriced for what it is.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Since you have exposed studs in your ceiling, you can use a ceiling mount instead of hooking it on your rack. If you are pretty advanced, it's nice to have a little extra room to do some of the suspension moves in.
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have a cheap version that only works with a closed door. If you want to have suspension straps that can work on your power rack i would consider TRX or making your own. I almost made my own until i found a $20 version at wal mart haha
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I use TRX at my gym and really like it. It offers a change up in my workouts and that is what I need. I hate getting bored.