Bad Days

Options
Hi, pretty new here!

I've been dieting for about 24 weeks now and lost 12kg. I dont weigh every single day as I got to hospital for other reasons and they weigh me anyway. I managed a lost of 3kg over xmas/new year time.

But sometimes I will have a bad day and feel extremely guilty about it, like all the weights going to go back on or I might have a bad day and weigh myself the next and a few lbs are on.

Is anyone else like this?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days, nobody is perfect. Just keep plugging away. Everyday is a new day.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have no reason to feel guilty about it, it happens. That few pound gain is mainly water retentions, since you'd have to eat 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound of fat.
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    We all have bad days, nobody is perfect. Just keep plugging away. Everyday is a new day.

It's true, we all have bad days. But you should know that one bad day in an otherwise good week isn't going to ruin the hard work you've put in.
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You have no reason to feel guilty about it, it happens. That few pound gain is mainly water retentions, since you'd have to eat 3500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound of fat.

When you weigh yourself daily it's really important to remember that your body naturally fluctuates in weight, and it isn't worth worrying if you find you're a couple of pounds lighter that you were the day before.

I celebrated my birthday by eating a TONNE of chinese food. I woke up and weighed myself the next day (I weigh myself every morning) and I had put on 7 lbs!
    But, I know this is just the fact that the massive amount of food I ate is still in my stomach, and over the course of the next few days my weight slowly went back down to where it was before.

(It takes up to 72 hours for food to be digested, then you still need to poop it out) - Sounds gross, but it's really important to know your anatomy!

Try not to dwell on it, when you feel bad, you'll feel less motivated to get out and exercise!

Well done for loosing so much, just keep pushing, you can do it :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Why feel guilty? Life happens.
  • jcatz3
    jcatz3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know, i just feel guilty that it couldve been a good day instead of a bad one to keep on the lose. But its one day out of a week and you've got to have them
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Do when you have a bad day, does the weight all come back on? My guess is no. A "bad" day here and then isn't going to hurt you. I've had a whole bad week and my weight is the same as last week.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I totally have days like that. From one day I don't gain; it has to be like 3 days or in a week or two before that's gonna happen. A good workout can help burn off some of the "damage."
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well this makes me feel better. I was doing so well over these last three weeks! I hadn't slipped up not at all. Then yesterday morning was super crazy with a bunch of snow and I didn't get to pack my lunch for a 12 hr day at work. So I had to order out. I got bob Evans and tried to do well but when I got home I wanted to snack like crazy. I ended up eating about 10 little chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, 4 pineapple rings, and a half glass of very sweet tea. I understand it's not that much but I get so discouraged if I go over my calories! It feels like 10 steps back. I'm fighting the urge for sugary cereal today but had my mocha light 100 calorie frappuccino and a Greek yogurt instead. Guess it's gonna happen....it's how you regroup that matters!
  • jcatz3
    jcatz3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Its nice to hear that its more people that do it too. Bad days always make me feel guilty. I usually have a day when I will allow myself to have something takeaway or dinner out.