Home made salad dressing

Options
can someone post some healthy home made salad dressing for me. I would like to made and use it on my salad. Thanks

Replies

• TheresaKnits
    TheresaKnits Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I keep a balsamic vinagrette on hand all the time. It's just one part olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, dried italian seasoning, and sometimes I add a small squirt of anchovy paste. If you're watching your fat count, you can use less olive oil. But I find that my taste buds are much more satisfied with a couple tablespoons of this than if I slather on a lot of low fat dressing. And it's all good for you.
  • shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been using Fat Free plain yogurt with ranch packet or hot sauce.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has a yummy Italian dressing
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Check out eating well. They have some awesome vinaigrettes. You can import to recipe builder too. I imported a couple.

Some people don't like vinegars. I've made a lighter 1000 island using light mayo, chili sauce, diced pickles and spices. At least I can monitor the quantity and quality.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This was a topic just last week. I pinned the good ones.

http://www.pinterest.com/janetkarasz/dressings/

Oil is good in moderation. As long as you portion out your dressing carefully (1 tsp to 1 TBSP) it adds satiety and flavour to your salads.
  • str1ne
    str1ne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    One trick I picked up somewhere was to have the salad dressing on the side, dip your fork in the pick up the salad. You get the taste of dressing without having to coat the salad.