Looking for some low-carbish recipe ideas

Options
TracyShing
TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
I LOVE TO COOK!! But cooking low carb is cramping my style. Any recommendations for cookbooks, web pages, or maybe just some of your favorite dinner dishes??

Replies

• lisakirt
    lisakirt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make Sheppard's pie with cauliflower instead of potatoes..also lazy man cabbage rolls with cauliflower Instead of rice..both very good
  • christina1930
    christina1930 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try an egg bake with veggies and/or meat. I just make one with green peppers, cottage cheese, egg substitute, and turkey sausage. My family loved it. Healthy and filling.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I replace the carb with veggies. So double veggies and meat. It's good and not rocket science.
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Not sure how low you want your carbs, but here's a great super low-carb website with 101 recipes. http://authoritynutrition.com/101-healthy-low-carb-recipes/

I've tried the oopsie rolls when I was really into low carb and they're a good alternative to scones. light and fluffy, and you can top it with sugar free Balance strawberry jam and a bit of whipped double cream for a nice sweet pudding :)
  • Vanillavirtue
    Vanillavirtue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just google low carb recipes and there's a ton of websites.
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I make zucchini noodles sometimes instead of real pasta...I can eat a lot of pasta!
  • TheresaKnits
    TheresaKnits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love my South Beach cookbooks! Tried a new easy recipe last night which was a big hit. Just cut a tomato in half, put it under the broiler cut side up for about 8-10 minutes. Then add 1 T. of pesto sauce and grill for another couple of minutes. Awesome! I can hardly wait for summer tomatoes to start coming in!
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If you have a facebook. Join the low carb high fat page. They have a ton of recipes
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Try some of these:
    ruled.me
    cavemanketo.com
    ibreatheimhungry.com
    wickedstuffed.com
    ketodietapp.com
    nobunplease.com
    nomnompaleo.com (paleo and keto sometimes intersect - I use the paleo sites for meat ideas)

...and there's also the keto group on Reddit.

-T.