70lbs to lose

Options
Anyone with a significant amount of weight to lose! WOW! I can't believe I have that much to lose but you have to start somewhere & take it one day at a time right?! Looking for some friends, support, & meal & snack ideas. Let's help each other do this!

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking to do a total transformation! I'll send a friend request :) Good luck to you!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just to say good luck - you can do this! How do I know - I have done it. 70lbs lost and maintained for over 2 years. I started off aiming for 40lb, but carried on.
    For me, planning was key. Having a couple of meals as standbys for those nights when we just weren't organised - like home made ragu sauce in the freezer, or beans on wholemeal toast. (I started loosing on Slimming World).
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I feel you, Sam - planning is KEY for me! Food-Prep-Sunday is a real thing and makes life so much easier mid-week when I'm not in the mood to play "what's for dinner?"
  • flowrey
    Options
    I feel your pain. I'm also aiming to loose 70lbs. I'm new to mfp and I understand the logging part but the rest of the app is still a little confusing. Feel free to add me as a friend. Would be nice to have someone to talk to who knows the ups and downs of dieting :D
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yup, I started out with over 170 to lose. Currently at the 70lb lost mark. You can do this.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 70 -80lbs too. Started late March 2014. I now have about 30-40lbs left. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Jump in with both feet. It won't always be easy but you will get there.
  • jeanneofmalta
    jeanneofmalta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think the motivation begins when you see some weight loss. I have lost faith in my ability to loose.
  • Locagirl87
    Locagirl87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position...I somehow let it all creep up on me and now I've got 70 to 80 lbs to lose myself. One day at a time is all I keep telling myself. Please feel free to add me; I'd love to have someone to bounce ideas and motivational support off of. :)
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ive got a boatload of weight to lose... and had no clue I was as overweight as I am but you can do this!! Good luck to you on your journey!
  • peepsnmax11
    Options
    WOW! Thank You all!!! I'm so glad I'm not in this boat alone! :smile:
  • Kerriperkins
    Kerriperkins Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would love to be part of your support team.
  • amellobrien
    amellobrien Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been trying to lose weight for what seems like.. forever but only these couple of years from 2013 to this moment I've been more serious about it and I will succeed. Last year I lost about 15 kilograms which was good, made me feel great!

I'm not sure how much weight I should lose in lbs so I'll just say I need to get at least 36 kilograms off of me. The converter says it's about 80 I guess. And I just started using this app again after few months.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language :smile:
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've got about 60 left to lose. Good luck. I'm in for some support. I've lost 115 lbs so far but i've been so stuck for way too long.
  • lirpAattirG
    Options
    I have 100 to lose!! Good luck to both of us!! ;-)
  • lirpAattirG
    Options
    runfoorun wrote: »
    I've got about 60 left to lose. Good luck. I'm in for some support. I've lost 115 lbs so far but i've been so stuck for way too long.
    That's awesome!!
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Your journey sounds like many of ours, feel free to add me
  • isamargomez
    isamargomez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have 105 to lose, feel free to add me!
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    70lbs is what I'm hoping to lose. So far I'm down 20!
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have found that setting small obtainable goals creates confidence and motivates me personally. Try not to worry so much about the top of the mountain try instead to make it over the next ridge.