help I want CHOCOLATE....

Options
I so want chocolate I cannot stand it ... but know I can not give it or I will eat the whole box ... what to do ...

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    hershey's special dark chocolate bar (small size). I usually can do with one or two squares, but if you eat the whole thing, it's only like 160 cals.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Go to the store - look at labels. Buy something yummy and allow yourself a portion of it EVERY day! That way you always know you get your treat - I do mine after dinner. Just make sure your treat fits into the calorie plan. This is REAL life afterall
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    there is no reason at all why you can't incorporate some chocolate into your food diary, but if you think you'll eat the whole box if you have one, dont buy a full box of chocolate!

how about
    - buying chocolate each day in very small amounts
    - getting chocolate in other formats - like a mug of hot chocolate
    - force yourself to log everything you eat before you eat it, and see if you still want to eat the whole box
    - eating an entire box one day, and recorded EXACTLY how you feel after you've eaten it - both emotional and physically, and again how that makes you feel the next day - stick that in a wallet or on the fridge as a reminder
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Denying yourself just leads to this. Have a small bit. Then stop. Repeat tomorrow.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a nice long walk and have a big glass of water with some fruit. Or....give the box to hubby and have one small piece and let it melt slowly in my mouth. He is Really good about not letting me have more:bigsmile:
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Ah i have the same problem. I guess all we choco addicts can do is fight to stop the production of chocolate. Which in turn would cause us to die so....ah shoot!

I guess just dont buy chocolate :ohwell:
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Throw them in the trash. That's what I would do because I have zero willpower. I've done it with a pan of brownies before!!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Throw them in the trash. That's what I would do because I have zero willpower. I've done it with a pan of brownies before!!!

we've had an entire chocolate cake in the fridge since friday morning, that was bought for a colleague's leaving do, and I forgot to take it to work, it's going to work tomorrow untouched anyway - there is no WAY hubby or I will give into it! he's recently joined mfp too :)
  • MarcelaBella
    Options
    Eating chocolate is fine every now and then. I try to have it once or twice a week, which is a lot better than everyday. I eat it w/friends, so that a bar becomes 1/3 of a bar for me and the rest for them...less calories, less guilt, and my friends always love it. :)
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    cannot throw them in the trash .. from my son for Mother's Day .. did get on the rebound and did 30 min of exercise ... thinking of putting chocolates in the freezer ....
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Double chocolate jello pudding?
  • theladebug
    theladebug Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I say go to a chocolate or candy store where you can buy them by the piece and just pick out one or two pieces. That way you get your fix and are not left with a bunch of chocolate at home you have to resist :)
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'll sometimes get Hershey's Kisses or the Miniatures then put them in the freezer. Then just have 1 piece and let it slowly dissolve in your mouth. By the time it's gone, the chocolate craving has passed. At least this seems to work for me :tongue:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Have a piece in the morning so you're not thinking about it all day. Aim for 50 kcal, but don't worry if you double it.

Then, at the end of the day, if you have calories over, reward yourself with some for a job well done.

I had to specify NO CHOCOLATE for Mother's Day, even though my son wanted me to have some.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Let yourself have a little bit. Take out what you are going to eat and put the rest away. Out of sight, maybe even somewhere not too convenient to get too.

Eat slowly and savory every bit of it. Then drink a glass of water so that the aftertaste doesn't make you crave more.

If you deny yourself everything, you're going to loose control some time and really go overboard.
  • lovingbears2
    lovingbears2 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have purchased the skinny cow crisp candy bar, (110 calories) , and also their skinny cow dreamy clusters (with rice crispies and chocolate as baby clusters), 120 calories per packet. I purchase 1 packet and 1 candy bar of each, (Walgreens has on sale 69 cents this week), and then, before I let the craving get too bad, it can be my snack. That way I am not feeling deprived, can work it in, and when the packet or bar is gone, it is out of the house. I found that this way I don't feel I am being denied, and can feel good about it. They also taste GREAT!!! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I eat hershey's kisses everyday. 9 is 200 calories so I space them out mark them as a snack and keep them in my daily diet. I love chocolate.
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    there is no reason at all why you can't incorporate some chocolate into your food diary, but if you think you'll eat the whole box if you have one, dont buy a full box of chocolate!

how about
    - buying chocolate each day in very small amounts
    - getting chocolate in other formats - like a mug of hot chocolate
    - force yourself to log everything you eat before you eat it, and see if you still want to eat the whole box
    - eating an entire box one day, and recorded EXACTLY how you feel after you've eaten it - both emotional and physically, and again how that makes you feel the next day - stick that in a wallet or on the fridge as a reminder

Definately agree with all of the above!! I always have a cup of hot chocolate if I'm craving chocolate. Also, I 'suck' chunks of chocolate instead of just chewing! Lasts longer and tastes better. I then mentally feel like I've had loads because it's taken me so long to eat just 2 chunks!!!! Never thought a year ago I could stop at just 2 chunks of cadbury's!!! And you can always use the old age trick - down a glass of water before or after to fill you up more. I always use this one - makes me feel really bloated - I can never eat another thing!!!

And don't forget, a little of something naughty won't kill you! And you won't double in size the next morning when you get out of bed either! There's no point denying yourself something if it's going to make you miserable - what do we all do when we're miserable?????? REACH FOR THE CHOCOLATE!!!!

Stay positive!

Lynn x
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    thanks all ...