Will I lose fat with this?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ddache wrote: »
    Counting calories is hard bc when I cook its a mess. Im a vegetarian, my husband eats everything, and my daughter had special dietary needs so when Im in the kitchen its hard to keep what`s what. Even with meal planning (which I do). Off course I try, but so far with out success.

When I first started on MFP, I was overwhelmed with the idea of calorie counting, and I did poorly at it. When I got serious about making a change, I tried a new approach. I began by counting my breakfast, only. I still logged the rest of my food, but didn't worry about being spot on. Once I got that hang of that - planned meals and using the same meals and portions repeatedly - I moved on to lunch. Then, finally, dinner.

For me, it works to keep my meals during the week pretty monotonous. It's not always exciting, but it works. Weekends I am much freer, in part because I have more time to "weigh and measure."

This may not be the answer for you, but maybe you can think of a different approach to logging your food. Perhaps baby steps are easier than trying to dive in to the deep end.

Best of luck.

P.S. I did three rounds of T25 and LOVED it. I am on to InsanityMax30, which I also love.

• ddache
    ddache Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually prepare things like a lentil loaf, a lentil stew, or chickpea patties, portion them out, and freeze them. I can take something out of the freezer and reheat it while I cook a fresh veggie side to go with it. That way, meal prep for myself is really quick.

This is a good idea. I could cook them separately, at night, so I can focus on the other things Im preparing when cooking. Thanks!
    OP, like everyone said, if you want to lose the fat, you really just have to buckle down and learn to count calories. It's hard but you gotta do it. If it's just a matter of toning up but you're happy at you're current weight, maybe weight lifting?

I dont see myself lifting weights. Maybe in the future :smiley:

Jeresygrrl, that`s brilliant advice! I can do that, easily. Thanks!
  • ddache
    ddache Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Found a way that is working. I take photos of my meals. And I cook simple and familiar recipes. Eating leftovers also help because I already know the nutrition value of the meal.
    Where there is a will there is a way :D
    I am losing weight. And since cutting dairy out of my diet I feel amazing.