Long road ahead

Options
Hi all. I'm looking for some motivation. In the last week I have hit my breaking point. I'm a stay at home mom of three kids. Two boys(6&3) and a baby girl (11months). I finally reached a point where I don't want to look in the mirror again. I've been waiting for a miracle that I knew was never going to come. You would think with three small children Id be a bit more active. The truth is that I'm not. I've just about doubled in size since junior high (now 24 years old), and I am ready to be back to a healthy weight and size. The other day I started a 30 day exercise challenge. However, I don't think it was the right one for me. I need some help. I need some exercises that will burn calories and make me feel good. I walk everyday with my two youngest but it's far too cold in my neck of the woods for that now. Please help. Thanks

Replies

• jherlihy22
    jherlihy22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok... here it is... I have done this enough and talked to enough people that I speak from experience. Don't think of it as a long road. Think of it as the first phase 1, which takes 2 weeks. Once you get through the first 2 weeks, you will have increased energy and an actual buzz from it... For me, I even noticed this morning that I had improved vision (more clarity in being able to see and wider peripheral vision). I assume that is from better blood flow. User the calories tracker so you have accountability to exactly what your intake is. Establish a routine, drink lots of water as it helps with aches/pains/mobility, stretch, but don't over do it.. just control diet and do at least 40 min of exercise 5 days a week. Eat when you are hungry (not bored) and when you want to revert to a bad habit of "comforting" thru food, just think, I want that body back and this is how I do it. You need a defense line against that thought process. Mine is "I am going to win the $600 biggest loser competition at work" and "I want to feel sexier" again. Once you make that 2 week mark, you now have a pattern of repetition and staying within the routine becomes easier. Let's start there.. don't worry about some long road beyond that, as it's pointless. Focus on the short term. I am here for you.
  • gathamore
    Options
    From personal experience I suggest you to make a weekly plan. Start with an exercise routine of say 30 mins 3 times a week. Like alternate days. I was too conscious to go to a gym or even my own area for run and walks. So I just did laps around the length of my living room! Everyday for 45 mins atleast. And I started doing squats and sit-ups, crunches. Every week I try to push myself. I dont beat myself up if I hav a cookie. Only I thn walk or run 10 mins extra the next day. Rather than completely cutting out things u like to eat just do portion control. Eg if u eat 3 cookies make it 1. A glass of water to control the urge to grab another one. Oh and keep lots of fruits and mixed nuts for snacking. Just go from week to eeek rather than a monthly plan. Try keeping track of your food. Push yourselp to do that extra 2 mins of walk or run . The way I see it only you can help and cherish your own body. So stick with your weekly goal which ever it is. Also remember that unless you eat healty and feel strong its difficult to exercise. So do a lot of stretches and keep at it. Baby steps.. I have lost 8 kgs in say 15 weeks. Just walking, running and some light exercises like crunches, sit-ups etc. Slowly steadily with a weekly goal it can be done! Also use this site run-log.com for accurately tracking ur walks and runs along with the cals burned. I wish u good luck!