Hello- New to the community

Options
Hi everyone.
My name is Mandy. I'm 37, mother of two kids. Daughter 14 and son 12. I am 5'6 and weigh 177 lbs. My goal weight is 130-140. I struggle with food cravings and staying motivated.

Replies

• God4All
    Options
    Hi Mandy I struggle with food cravings and staying motivated too. I'm also 5'6 and my goal is 130-150
  • mandymayner
    mandymayner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi god4all
    One of my challenging times is when I get home from work. I'm starving and its not time to start dinner yet so what do I do.. Head to the pantry for anything quick and easy. Like chips. My weakness. This week I am trying something new. I am bringing a healthy snack to work. Today is a little cutie, and I'm going to eat it on my way home to see if it helps.
  • HotChocolate75
    HotChocolate75 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy,
    My snack fix was preparation. I had to really set myself up for success so that I had the good stuff waiting (selected and portioned) when I got the urge. The support from people on MFP is great. I think you're in the right place.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    My hardest part of the day is right before bed. I normally have been so busy that I haven't been able to eat so by the time I get the kids in bed I am famished.
  • deebelle71
    Options
    My hardest part is nights. I get so bored living alone and I dislike winter so much. I constantly want to fill my face to beat the boredom
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey Mandy, you can do this!! Make small goals, find an exercise you like. Don't give up!!! It is hard with a family. I did not lose mine until after my kids were grown.