Healthy Pasta Recipes

Options
shortiequinn
shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
I love pasta. I'm looking for some healthy, lower cal recipes that include pasta. No dietary restrictions and looking to up the protein.

Thanks

Replies

• Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    have you thought about changing your pasta? I've been using quinoa spaghetti and have found I actually like it better than white flour pasta.

DOn't know if you can see other people's recipes, but if so, check out my recipes - I have a great meat sauce, and a white wine butter garlic sauce too. Both fit into my 1200 cal daily quota:)
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've used this pasta instead of white flour pasta. http://smile.amazon.com/Explore-Asian-Organic-Spaghetti-7-05-Ounce/dp/B004K4EWVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422639166&sr=8-1&keywords=soybean+pasta

It's got zero flavor really so it isn't good on it's own. Sautee garlic & onions in butter/oil, and I'll add roasted veggies and I make my own version of pasta primavera.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love pasta too! Carbonara is my favorite and quite high calorie so that's only a once in a while thing now :smile: What I usually do these days is if I have a high calorie sauce, I use zucchini zoodles instead of pasta, but if the sauce is lower cal or I want to focus on pasta I just use the real stuff but with better portion control.

Pasta salads can also be nice way to go, since you can fill the bowl with vegetables and use a smaller amount of pasta. I like a little caprese pasta salad with fusilli, fresh tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella.
  • profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love love this skinny taste recipe: super yummy and very healthy too. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/pasta-with-italian-chicken-sausage.html
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Soup is definitely my favorite. I guess the noodles count as pasta. Throw in a ton of veggies and some chicken with lots of broth and you have an easy, low calorie meal.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    quinoa pasta tastes really good. Add turkey sausage, spinach (and any other veggies) and you have a quick yummy meal). I make batches of sauce at a time and freeze, then just cook up some pasta when ready to eat.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i bought a vegetti. I run a zucchini through it like a pencil through a pencil sharpener, and it shreds the zucchini into pasta-like strands. I sautee those in a little bacon grease with some onion, bacon, tomatoes. You can add sauces; anything you'd do with pasta, really.

Zucchini has significantly fewer calories than pasta, so a big heaping portion is much easier to fit into my calorie budget.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just eat a smaller portion of it! I typically eat 1.5 serving and it's plenty. I like it with meat sauce (I just brown some ground turkey and onions and mix in a jar of tomato sauce).