Your Fav Brekkie

xkarlax
xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
edited September 27 in Recipes
ok guys need some ideas and just curious..
What do you eat most mornings for brekkie and many calories does it have?

thank karla

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    greek yogurt with 1 tsp of honey and some fresh frozen (slightly thawed) berries. about 175-200 cals, or a piece of whole wheat toast with an egg (fried using pam) on top, about 170 cals. Both options have a lot of protein and keep me very full until lunch. Good luck
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    The greek yogurt above sounds great, and I do eat that sometimes, but my recent most favorite breakfast is an Everything Bagel Thin with fat free cream cheese, fresh raspberries and about 3 small slices of deli sliced turkey. It sounds wacky, but it is delicious...one adventurous morning I added some arugula to get another veggie in for the day, but I think it was better without it. Spinach might have been better :)

It has 200 calories without the arugula...with the arugula...202!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    I rotate the following:

Oatmeal/egg white pancake: 120 calories per pancake, low fat, packed with protein
    Egg white scramble with whole wheat English muffin
    Whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter
    Rolled oats oatmeal with turkey bacon or turkey sausage

and each brekkie I have a cup of tea or coffee. My diary is open if you would like to take a peek.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Feel free to look at my diary....
  • xkarlax
    xkarlax Posts: 36 Member
    this makes me look really lazy lol!!... I quite like dairlea on wholemeal toast
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    recently, i have been having a package of instant cream of wheat, made with milk (goat's milk for me since i am lactose intolerant) and a tsp and a half of turbinado sugar. so yummy. the milk helps give it a richness. i used to eat it with a big blob of butter and a few spoonfuls of brown sugar, and also at least double the amount of cream of wheat for one portion....lol. but what i eat now is just as satisfying, and only takes a minute with the microwave.

btw, it only comes to 188 cals.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    porridge made with water and a banana (chop some into the porridge) and add a splash of milk.
    280 calories

slice of rye crispbread, peanut butter and an apple (chop some onto the peanut butter, yummmmm) and a banana
    320 calories

I'm pretty much alternating these 2 just now.
    If i'm in a rush I'l have a Nakd oat and fruits bar at 220 calories.
  • My favorite breakfast is a reese cup milkshake with 230 calories in it!!!!
    1 cup almond milk
    2 scoops Vi shake mix
    1/2 tbsp hersheys cocoa powder
    1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    add ice and blend!!!
    Friend me for more ideas!! I'm full of them!!!!
  • ljs23
    ljs23 Posts: 8
    Oat so simple porridge made with semi - skimmed milk - golden syrup flavour! for three reasons....

it tastes yummy and satisfies my sweet tooth, also satisfies my hunger till lunch - really fills me up

comes in a packet so that I know the portion size is appropriate (as i tend to overfill my cereal bowl!)

and finally it only has about 220 calories in!

actually four reasons - it is perfect to add fruit too e.g strawberrys! oh also it takes 2 mins in the microwave - easy peesy!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    i eat belvita breakfast biscuits everymorning... i know they arent particularly good for me compared to other more healthy options but i dont have time for making anything in the morning so they are easy to grab on the go
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    My favorite lately is 1/4 cup quick oats mixed with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and half a scoop of chocolate whey protein, with a little dash of cinnamon. It comes in at 226 calories and 16g of protein.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I sliced up banana with about 14 grams of Chia seeds, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 Tbl of Honey, a serving of All Bran Buds mixed together with Almond Breeze unsweetened milk 3/4 Cup along with 2 large eggs with some Tobasco sauce. I pretty much have this every day. It is about 482 calories with 22 grams of fiber.
  • neko21
    neko21 Posts: 21
    i generally just have a bowl of special K red berries for my breakfast
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Oat so simple porridge made with semi - skimmed milk - golden syrup flavour! for three reasons....

it tastes yummy and satisfies my sweet tooth, also satisfies my hunger till lunch - really fills me up

comes in a packet so that I know the portion size is appropriate (as i tend to overfill my cereal bowl!)

and finally it only has about 220 calories in!

actually four reasons - it is perfect to add fruit too e.g strawberrys! oh also it takes 2 mins in the microwave - easy peesy!

I have this most mornings too. (: Its easy and quick and tastes good.
    I always let all the sugary flavour sink to the bottom of the porridge so when I reach the bottom layer it tastes extra nice.
    Haha
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Most mornings... which would be work mornings, I have a small apple, a kashi TLC cherry dark chocolate bar & my coffee (made with sugar free french vanilla creamer) - that's what I have because it's easy to grab and go.

When I have time to cook on the weekends I make everything from pancakes to french toast to steel cut oats to all sorts of eggs varieties and even breakfast burritos sometimes. (usually healthier lifestyle versions, but not always!)
  • I alwas have this drink yogurt and some brown bread with a few slices of meat then go out and walk my dogs and hit the gym ^^
  • lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    slice wholewheat bread with paoached egg and a coffee
This discussion has been closed.