Your hardest habit to stop?

Options

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's the night time snacking for me, mostly out of boredom and habit >.< I save myself some calories for some healthy munchies at night now, but it's challenging to break the old habit.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Now it's coffee with coffeemate. I don't track the creamer and I keep telling myself I will just stop with the creamer (rather than log it) and learn to drink my coffee black.
    But, here it is, 8 months later, and I still am drinking my coffee with creamer and not logging it.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Eating salty snacks -- I get cravings for salt, especially in the mid-afternoon at work.
  • tanya7768
    tanya7768 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Night time snacking
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Being lazy when the weather is not nice enough to go out.
  • trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Eating when I am bored/tired.
  • jherlihy22
    jherlihy22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Probably not comfortable discussing here. But, it definitely has impacted my eating via coping.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Big meals.

I have always eaten a lot and being older now, the body just doesn't need it. I could sit down and eat a whole large pizza if I don't moderate myself.

• jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Mindlessly eating when I'm at the computer. I used to sit down and eat a bunch of cheez-its or M&M's. Now I refuse to keep them in the house... but I still find myself mindlessly looking through the cupboard for muchies.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Eating when I'm bored
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Mine's kind of like yours...I always feel like eating something sweet after lunch (even more so than dinner). I usually make it a 60 cal Ghirardelli square or something similarly low cal.
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My british chocolate habit...and definitely late night eating!
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Eating slightly over my calories, then eating loads because by then I've blown it anyway so it doesn't matter. And not logging it.

Always thinking tomorrow will be better.
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, wine and cheese. Especially drinking wine at night. Urg.
    Yes! Chocolate, wine and cheese. Life's good when that's your biggest temptation :)
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    McDonald breakfast sandwiches (sausage mcmuffins), hot dogs, burgers, pizza. Ugh.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Late evening snacking. I used to eat a lot of junky food in the evenings. Now I'll have a small bowl of cereal with milk, or a big bowl of unbuttered popcorn with a can of diet soda. Both are quite filling.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Drinking 600 calories a night and drunk-snacking like it's the end of the world. Have more or less put a stop to that right now (it comes and goes) and am currently having a very successful cut as a result.
  • ral878
    ral878 Posts: 7
    Options
    I hate seeing wasted food, parents always made us clear our plates and now I can't stand to toss food, even if I'm over stuffed I have to polish off the plate, and maybe the table
  • camerondporter
    camerondporter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chips and reese cups. I try to fit everthing in my calorie goal . I can eat a 770 calorie bag of reese cups which is terrible. Its hard to give those up though so i just do daily cardio. The chip habit is going away.I see i dont need chips like that. I can find a healthier salt rreplacement for chips. My sweettooth craves the chocolate amd peanutbutter from reeses. After i eat those im good. Lol
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I love to bake (bread and pastries) and it's really hard not to do several taste tests while the finished goods are cooling. Because, you know, I need to know if the cookies taste better piping hot or at room temperature. ;)