doubter..

Options
I'm worried its gonna get old and I'll give up..its been 4 weeks and its working I'm .4 pounds shy of 5 loss but doubting how long the motivation will last.

Replies

• willdo4025
    willdo4025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Maybe buddy up with some one; it helps. My motivation is so much better when I'm checking in with others.
  • appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Is there anything in particular you are worried might interfere with your motivation?
  • lisakirt
    lisakirt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    appleseeds wrote: »
    Is there anything in particular you are worried might interfere with your motivation?

I think that its I'll stop weighing food than stop logging than stop guessing cals. Thinking I can do it on my own.
  • kbare85
    kbare85 Posts: 38 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My own best thinking got me here.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    For me, what's really helped is having lots of great supportive friends here on mfp. Some of them started with me at around the same weight (look for, or start one of the threads to find find folks with similar goals). Other friends were people who already had success and had learned lots of lessons along the way.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    lisakirt wrote: »

I think that its I'll stop weighing food than stop logging than stop guessing cals. Thinking I can do it on my own.

If this is your fear, then make sure it doesn't happen. That's really all you can do. You're seeing success - isn't the desire to continue to see success stronger than your desire to "do it on your own"?
  • lisakirt
    Options

If this is your fear, then make sure it doesn't happen. That's really all you can do. You're seeing success - isn't the desire to continue to see success stronger than your desire to "do it on your own"?

• lisakirt
    Options

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Motivation doesn't last. Habits last.

Do it the way that works best for you and your lifestyle, and do it long enough to make it a habit.
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling...a creeping sensation that this success is too good to be true and you'll screw it up again. All I can say is to focus on the day ahead and try not to think about what might happen down the road. If youve met your goals for the day and tried hard, you've succeeded. Do it again tomorrow!