Need lots of support if I'm going to get to my goal...

Options
Hi my name is Melissa, I am 41 years old and I've been battling obesity since 1993. At my heaviest I was 250lbs., at my lightest I weighed 100lbs. I now weight 208 and I want to get to 180 for my first goal. I am also diabetic/insulin dependent and that is a hurdle I am trying to fit into my life. I love sweets and carb filled foods and not exactly sure how to beat these two beasts. Plus my husband is a junk food junkie and there is always something tempting in our house. So this is a little introduction of me and my hurdles. I welcome any positive advice and suggestions.

Replies

• MissVictoriaG
    MissVictoriaG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa,welcome aboard. Getting you eating habits under control is a must, diabetes can take a toll on you . Make you desire to live a long healthy life stronger than anything else. Well wishes on your journey.
  • phoenixmed
    phoenixmed Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi pour weight and weight l'OSS goals are vert similar' i'm 22 and ben obèse since i was 8 years old.
    My first advise would be not to cut out the food you love' you would crave it and sooner or later loose your motivation and eat a lot of sweets' . it is always better to eat wathever you like with modération.
    For the sweets loving and cravongs ' i found that fruits ( taste sweet but less calories) are vert helpfull.
    For the carb filled foods' i recommandé rating something like souper or salad before making your plate of pasta (for exemple) that way you are les hungry and will take /eat less pasta.
    For the diabeetes' takr info acount that you will need less insulin when you exercise. Be cautious to have sugar with you ( juice or dex4) to avoir hypoglycemia. If you loose Wright you will need less insuline and could even one day get rid of it' wich is a gold motivation. Somme of m'y patients even didn't even nées any oral médication they more or less curés their diabètes.
    Mat strenght be with you on your journey

Feel free to ad d me as friend !
  • teresaryan67
    teresaryan67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a dietian? They can help you with a plan. Keeping track of what you eat is very important. If you have to write it/record it, you may not want it. I do agree with Phoniexmed, can't cut out everything. You can have a little just not a lot. :smiley: good luck to you!!! Can friend me if would like.